120gal Overhaul

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
The change to sand is looking great, Pittbull! Go ahead with your plan and add a few more rocks as you say.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
WHERE did you get that "texas holy rock" at???? it is incredible.. i love it and I would really like some for my tank

any way you could get me some (Ill pay you)?

Or direct me to a place where you got it.. assuming its available in my area
I've gone to eBay and also http://www.holeyrockoftexas.com/

It's not the cheapest rockwork, but it's good quality.

mcybyk

AC Members
Jan 9, 2008
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Pittbul - I like the sand and holey rock, but agree that you need to add some more rockwork, IMO. Just remember, change is good. Keep posting updates.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
7itanium wrote:
WHERE did you get that "texas holy rock" at???? it is incredible.. i love it and I would really like some for my tank

Thanks buddy i appreciate the kindness for me to send you some would be outragiously expensive the rock itself cost 3 bucks a pound and the shipping weight would be thru the roof in all a few pieces would be like 100 bucks altogether..

I would start off looking at your local pet shops if thats not possible than i would call around those nursaries that sell landscape rock they usually have it and sometimes its cheaper and lastly like jpap said ebay sells it but the shipping cost are astromical.. but yep i have to agree the texas holey does look good..

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Thanks jpappy, efors and mycbyk i appreciate the kindness..

So this is what i am going to do see that big piece of rock in the middle THE SEA CRAGGY ROCK i am going to buy two more for the left and right side this will cost me a 100 bucks for decor but would fill in nicely and take the Holey rock and place it in sections around the front of the big rocks so it may look a little better then but i should have this done by next week or so 100 bucks on just two pieces is going to kill me hehehe..

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
It seems like a great idea (and expensive, also)! Keep us updated, me mucker!

Aaron89

AC Members
Dec 2, 2006
England
nice, i liked the original set up, looked cool and it seemed the fish had lots of places to hide.

did u have the rocks leaning against the glass?

grzts with the breed

Aaron89

AC Members
Dec 2, 2006
England

all of my LFS' sell "texas holy rock" here it is called ocean rock.

i have it in my tank.

this is the pic of my tank before i changed the sand and rock formation

http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1000401ac9.jpg

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
7itanium wrote:

Thanks buddy i appreciate the kindness for me to send you some would be outragiously expensive the rock itself cost 3 bucks a pound and the shipping weight would be thru the roof in all a few pieces would be like 100 bucks altogether..

I would start off looking at your local pet shops if thats not possible than i would call around those nursaries that sell landscape rock they usually have it and sometimes its cheaper and lastly like jpap said ebay sells it but the shipping cost are astromical.. but yep i have to agree the texas holey does look good..
Yep, THR is very expensive. Luckily a LFS near me started to sell some for $5/lb. Cuts back considerably without the shipping prices, although it isn't the 'highest quality' of THR.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store