125 Gal In Wall Build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dlyon101

AC Members
Dec 30, 2010
We finished setting the tank up this weekend. We stacked 160 lbs of cured live rock, then filled the tank. It's nice to see it up and running finally. The cabinet fronts will go in this week. I'll try and take pictures of the sump and some of the equipment tonight if anyone is interested to see that.

photo(14).JPG photo(15).JPG

mes1234

AC Members
Jan 25, 2010
Looks fantastic. Did you happen to put the live rock in before the sand? Usually best to put the rock in, then the sand around it so it cannot collapse.

dlyon101

AC Members
Dec 30, 2010
Yes, actually we did put the rock in first then the sand. Someone told me it would make the rock more stable. One problem I've found with that is when the refugium light is on I can see some light coming up where there is no sand under the rocks. I'm going to try to move a little sand up under that area of the rocks. I wish I'd have thought to paint the bottom of the tank when I painted the back and sides.

dlyon101

AC Members
Dec 30, 2010
The cabinet front is going in later this week. I'll post more pics then. I'll lower the light to it's proper position and take a few pics with the light on. Because of the closed in space I'll have, I opted not for metal halides. I hope the T5 6 bulb fixture (actually 12 bulbs that are 36") does Ok. I know I won't be doing a bunch of SPS anytime soon.

dlyon101

AC Members
Dec 30, 2010
Here a few pictures from the progress over the weekend. The tank is basically finished now. I'll be waiting a while for it to cycle before I start adding livestock. I bit the bullet on this one and actually had nice cabinetry made and installed. I did all of the painting though. I think it turned out pretty well.

I tried to take one picture with the light on, but it didn't turn out too well using my iPhone. You kind of get the idea though.

photo(16).jpg photo(17).jpg photo(18).jpg

dlyon101

AC Members
Dec 30, 2010
I know it will be a few weeks at least until I'm ready, but I'd love any suggestions for stuff to add and in what order. I'm thinking a small cleanup crew first, but after that I'm not sure.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store