125 Gal In Wall Build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
wow, does that white paneling ever make the tank say 'hey! i'm a focal point!'.

nice work :)

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Incredible job! Yes, small CUC would be my first additions. Better to start small and add as needed IMO.

Congrats again on a job well done!

audifeesh

AC Members
Aug 18, 2010
Best stocking suggestion I ever got is to think of what you want your tank to look like in the end. Write down EVERYTHING whether you know it can go together or not. Just any and everything you think my be cool.

From there you can break it down by importance to you, sensitivity, aggression, etc. Then you can look at it and see if anything conflicts (sensitive corals and things that eat them etc)

Then once you have that final list of things you want that all work together you can simply start knocking things off and checking/adjusting as you go.

I know that sounds like common sense, but it simplifies the process SO much if you take that first step to just get it all down on paper so that you can really look at it, and other people whose opinions you value can look t it as well and offer suggestions.

Maybe it's just because I'm a visual person lol. :p

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
Best stocking suggestion I ever got is to think of what you want your tank to look like in the end. Write down EVERYTHING whether you know it can go together or not. Just any and everything you think my be cool.

From there you can break it down by importance to you, sensitivity, aggression, etc. Then you can look at it and see if anything conflicts (sensitive corals and things that eat them etc)

Then once you have that final list of things you want that all work together you can simply start knocking things off and checking/adjusting as you go.

I know that sounds like common sense, but it simplifies the process SO much if you take that first step to just get it all down on paper so that you can really look at it, and other people whose opinions you value can look t it as well and offer suggestions.

Maybe it's just because I'm a visual person lol. :p
:thumbsup: Never thought about it that way but makes sense.

dlyon101

AC Members
Dec 30, 2010
Good idea on the stocking question. I'll start a list now. That'll at least give me something to do while I'm waiting for the tank to cycle. (and I'll have and excuse to do some "window shopping" for livestock).

Thanks for the help!

audifeesh

AC Members
Aug 18, 2010
No problem :) that's EXACTLY why/how I did it hahaha. It kept me busy for a few days and then I spent the next couple weeks browsing for what I came up with

wrek

AC Members
Dec 20, 2010
Putting rock in before sand can in some cases create very small pressure points on the tempered glass underneath. I always put down an inch of sand then the rock. Then the rest of the sand.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store