125g Build Thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
10-20x turnover for a FO predator tank is sufficient, although a little more never hurts. So a 125G tank you would want 1250-2500GPH in powerheads, or 2-3x Koralia 3's. Placement.. really no one is going to be able to tell you that one. Something you will have to play with because the aquascape dictates placement. Just don't have them facing each other directly/cancelling out the flow.

Thinking something like on in the right side pane in the back corner, one on the back pane about 1/2 way facing left, and one on the left pane in the front corner, that way you get the flow going along the back then around the front in a circular pattern.

AC2020x

AC Members
Dec 31, 2008
State College, PA
So i'm trying to decide what I want to get, in about 2 or so months that is. What do you think? Not all of these, but some of them. All would be way way to overstocked.

Porcupine puffer
Dogface puffer
-Niger Trigger
-Humu Picasso Trigger
-Snowflake eel
-Tang- Blue or Brown Powder/ Naso(might be to big) any other reccomendations?
-Angel- Dwarf- Coral Beauty, flame, lemon peel, rusty or large koran, Blue Girdled, Blueface, Annularis
-I want a lionfish but i doubt it would work
-Some type of wrasse

What do you guys think? Any suggestions? Other fish you guys think would go well in predator tank? Any of these an absolute no?

AC2020x

AC Members
Dec 31, 2008
State College, PA
No, I will get a wallpaper though to go on the back. They have a really cool one I like thats different shades of blue at that fish place which I will probably go to, to get my fish even though it's about 2 hours away. There are absolutely no good stores near me! Petco is the best I have and all the fish either have ick or seem unhealthy in some way

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store