125G overstocked?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mcox3

Veritas Aequitas
Dec 26, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Monos can grow to a foot. To house a school of them, you'd need 300g+. Columbian sharks can grow to 18". Since they also like to school, why not get a few more? Very impressive tank it would be!
shopping list: shoal of monos, 1 more shark and a shoal of archers. perfect. thanks guys.

polypterus101

AC Members
May 6, 2007
I think pufferpunk meant just a school of silver tips.

AsaPW

AC Members
Nov 17, 2006
Lafayette,LA
I had a couple of Shark Cats and they grow fast. When I bought them I didn't read up on them. I ended up taking them back because they seemed so unhappy in my tank. Up to you though but if you're asking our opinion, I'd say that you'll need a bigger tank for all of those fish.

My favorite brackish water fish are the GSP's and the scats. I've never had any scats, but one day when I get a bigger tank I'll get some.

mcox3

Veritas Aequitas
Dec 26, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
well, i've had mine for about 8 months and they're still only 5"... the biggest i've seen only about 8".

i've decided to go with a 210 stocked with 3 shark cats, 4 monos and a single archer. There will be adequate filtration and water flow.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Any fish has the ability to grow larger than their wild size in captivity, given nough room & proper foods. If the largest you've seen them at was 8", then either of those needs haven't been met.

Last edited:

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
You already have schooling fish, just get some more for a school of them. I'm telling you, a school of adult Columbian sharks is quite impressive!

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
That would look sooooo shweet...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store