125gal tank build. Lots of pics beware.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nahrie

AC Members
Feb 16, 2009
Canby, OR
Real Name
Julie
Absolutely stunning, you lucky bum! I so don't have the room or money for something like this LOL

katschamne

AC Members
Feb 3, 2008
Geneva, IL
It looks awesome. I have to say that I'm not a fan of the color myself but it does work with the rest of the room's color scheme. Great job cleaning up the tank too. Where I work the water is really hard so weekly scraping is necessary. Vinegar and a razor blade is my friend. It will be real relaxing to work on the computer and look over and watch the fish.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
i love it. but the color of the stand makes it seem out of place. do you know what kind of cichlids your gonna go with? malawi, tang, victoria, SA, CA?

tidioute06

AC Members
Mar 11, 2008
Glendale, AZ
actually the colors on the stand are the exactly colors on the wall. I plan on building a hardwood stand later this year perhaps. But with money being tight I had to use what I had atm. Honestly I have no idea what type of cichlids. I was thinking Malawi, but I need to do a ton more research before I make that decision. I really dont know much about keeping cichlids.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
what are you aiming for. color? motion? behavior? breeding?

tidioute06

AC Members
Mar 11, 2008
Glendale, AZ
So i did some research and I think I'm going to make some custom caves using 4"pvc. Apparently if you coat the pvc in silicon and pack it with sand and gravel it makes quite the striking cave system that doesn't have the oppressive weight of mounds of rock.
I'm a little concerned about the substrate. I used peatmoss and pool filter sand originally thinking that I was doing a community rainbow tank heavy planted. Now that the wife wants cichlids, and them being diggers, I wonder if the substrate would still be ok. I can always add more sand on top i suppose to make the layer of sand thicker. We'll see. This cave system will give me something to do while the tank cycles and I wait for the last of my light fixtures from ah supply.

SilverDollarMan

AC Members
Feb 11, 2009
everything looks awesome.

keep those pics coming!

deeleywoman

All men are equal before fish.
Mar 9, 2009
Newport News, VA
www.etsy.com
this is amazing... you're a lucky *******, and i can't wait to see how this turns out! =)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store