210g Build Thread....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
Well, I came home to only 4 chromis and a little fishie skeleton today. I have only been seeing four of the five in the last week or so...but the fifth one would occasionally make an appearance. I think he may have been the same one that was acting bizarre when the lights went out...but one of the buggers has always acted weird when the lights went out. Everyone else in the tank seems fine.

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
Not really....and it turns out it wasn't the one that is swimming around like a madman at night occasionally, as I saw him last night. As twitchy as these things are I'm surprised they have lasted this long. They panic if I pass through the room! I still like 'em....my little dysfunctional fish family:).
Robbie

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
I noticed that one of mine would be pestered so much during that day, that at night time, I'd find it quivering in the corner, A few days later I'd be one fish less. I started with 15 and am currently down to 9, including the one that got frightened down the sump. He seems so much happier I've left him there!! At the moment he's also got Paisley II for company!!!

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
I noticed that one of mine would be pestered so much during that day, that at night time, I'd find it quivering in the corner, A few days later I'd be one fish less. I started with 15 and am currently down to 9, including the one that got frightened down the sump. He seems so much happier I've left him there!! At the moment he's also got Paisley II for company!!!
Nothing seemed to be bothering these guys...other than the occasional chase from each other. They certainly are neurotic little guys. One of them would do the same as yours...quiver in the corner like it was on the brink of death. Then it was fine in the day.
Speaking of sump, I think I am going to build one out of a 30g long tank. I've been looking for a used one, but I just haven't had any luck. My LFS has a new one for around $60....the only other thing I would want is a new pump to increase the flow to around 600 gph.
Robbie

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
My latest additions. The hippo tang (Gilbert) came from a really nice guy at my LFS (thanks, Derrick!)...it outgrew his 75g at home so he gave it to me. He is fairly large...probably close to 5". HAH! Not all my fish are pygmies! :silly:
The half black angel (Otto) is the new guy....after a couple of days of harassment by my coral beauty, he has settled into the tank quite well. He is a little guy though.
I have a 30g tank on order along with an Ocean Runner 3500 pump so I can make a sump/refugium. I'm sure when I get it together I will need lots of questions answered about switching over from my wet/dry to the sump.
Thanks!!
Robbie

half-black.jpg hippo1.jpg half-black2.jpg hippo3.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store