$35,000 freshwater tank??? in your home?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BluEyes

AC Members
Jan 5, 2003
Idaho
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by Fisher Price
I really can't imagine this being anything more than a planned photo opt.
photo-op, or Photo Shop? If it is a fake, it is well done, but I know that it can be done with just a bit of time and effort.
You gotta wonder - those discus look awfully friendly. Maybe they feel more comfortable in a larger tank, or maybe...

You'd have to drain the tank 1/2 way down before you got in, unless you wanted to make you living room into a tank as well! I guess it could be part of tank cleaning - much easier to scrub the algae that way.

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
If the tank has a large enough sump you could jump in without causing an overflow.

If you want to see some big tanks download these videos.
http://www.gcas.org/videos/index.html

When you get to tanks this size its not the purchase cost of the tank, its the operating cost. You need to start using things like natural sunlight, and very efficient pumps (airpumps are more efficient than water pumps) heating and cooling need to be done with gas heat or lots of fans... Lots of planning and research.

Last edited:

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
You could put the sump anywhere below the tank, even in the basement or the garage. A 50-75 gallon tank would probably be fine, but with the space that tank has below, it would be a better idea to use a sump of 200+ gallons.

Luca Brazzi

AC Members
Oct 12, 2002
Visit site
I think that some folks are overlooking one thing about the price of this tank...

The hand crafted woodwork.

I know people with 10,000.00 diningroom tables.

And as to the girls in the tank photo... First of all if you look close enough, you will be able to see... they are obviously midgets.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store