40g Breeder Journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Funny how I ended up right back at the idea I used in my 33g!

Needs to be moved to the right slightly

It would be higher of course because of substrate & no rubber band. I think this one needs to be turned towards the front more.

I definitely think I like the first one! I did try it on the other side going towards the left but it didn't look right. I tried so hard for the right side because there is a couple scratches on that side panel. :)

fastlight81

AC Members
May 22, 2010
Im digging the first one. Simple and elegant! You could do a lot with that. Then again, your tank! So make it feel right for you

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
They both look great!! The second one makes me think of an old, flooded forest with ancient trees w/lots of moss, crypts & vals - flowing like leaves in the wind. The first one feels brighter - personally I'd go with the 2nd scape... And put black fluorite sand + a bazillion cories!! :p:

cockroach

AC Members
Feb 15, 2010
The Chungle Taiwan
Subscribing. like what you are doing so far.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Thanks for joining us cockroach2!

I am glad you guys approve, thanks for pointing me in the right direction! I work very well in a group. :D I really need someone to bounce ideas off of to achieve my best results & no one in my life wants to hear anything related to fish, for the rest of their lives!! :eek:

Well, I guess before I can choose a hardscape I am going to have to actually think about plants, layout and fish. Too many options though!! :nilly: After I pickup my potluck of plants from Starstruck I will at least know what plants will be going into the tank, right now I don't even know that. :)

*dreams of a bazillion habrosus cories* :thud:

The 2nd one scares me because it is too much like this stunner of a tank!

Of course I am NOT comparing my tank to that one but that one sets the bar pretty darn high! I don't know if I need that much of a challenge just yet.

cockroach

AC Members
Feb 15, 2010
The Chungle Taiwan
That is a winner. I like that idea. Maybe one or two tall plants put in there could be nice.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store