48 x 24 x 18 Reef Log

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Well aren't you sneaky, I too couldn't figure out how I missed this thread. This is a great post Niko! The kind of thing that will really help newbies in setting up their tank. I know we don't want to be that other huge reef site out there, but they have a sticky at the top that contains links to different threads on the board that are great for newbies setting up their tank. Keeps the top of the newbie forum from being stickied with a ton of posts. If we had something like this I'd certainly want this post on it!

Oh, the no skimmer route, I heard an interesting argument for using one last weekend. This guy doesn't use it for pulling DOCS, but for oxygenation to the tank. Thought that was another great arguement for one.

p.s. anyone else see the butt in the photos? :lipssealedsmilie:

cav

wayne
Dec 11, 2006
Hull, UK.
Well aren't you sneaky, I too couldn't figure out how I missed this thread. This is a great post Niko! The kind of thing that will really help newbies in setting up their tank. I know we don't want to be that other huge reef site out there, but they have a sticky at the top that contains links to different threads on the board that are great for newbies setting up their tank. Keeps the top of the newbie forum from being stickied with a ton of posts. If we had something like this I'd certainly want this post on it!

Oh, the no skimmer route, I heard an interesting argument for using one last weekend. This guy doesn't use it for pulling DOCS, but for oxygenation to the tank. Thought that was another great arguement for one.

p.s. anyone else see the butt in the photos? :lipssealedsmilie:
I could only see a water butt!

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
Re: Oxygenation and skimmers.

The same could really be said about HOB filters, canister filters, or anything that causes turbulence in the water stream.

leocom2000

AC Members
Dec 27, 2007
I actually wen back looking for a butt.:grinyes:

Let this be my guide to the salt water. :idea:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store