7 gallon tank!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aquaphish

AC Members
Jun 4, 2008
at any hardware store

Actually these threads look like they are pipe threads which have a taper and not the straight threads.

When tightening pipe threads you would want to hand thighten them then you can use a wrench to complete the tightening of 3/4 to 1 full turn and not more. If you tighten it more then you will splay or distort the threads and they will leak.

Another caution is not to use teflon tape on a pipe thread. Since the thread is tapered what will happen is there would be excess tape that is really not fully in contact with the threads. Under pressure the loose tape can brake off within time and get pushed into the regulator or the solenoid. Then you would have equipment that you spent $$ on that is not working properly.

If after tightening to the specs. that I gave which are an "approved method" in the commercial industry and you still have leaks try to use some LocTite or another liquid or paste type of thread sealer. I just had a leak in my CO2 system I setup during the weekend and used RectorSeal 5 Pipe thread sealant which you can get at Lowes or HomeDepot.

ddtran46

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
ok they didnt have my effin hc. so i guess i quit on getting hc. too much work just for getting hc.

67chevelle

Basset Hound
Jul 30, 2008
I would leave your rocks as you have them.Having things centered in such a small tank will make it look too posed,IMO.I like having things off center,that way it doesn't look like everyone elses tank.And buying online is much easier than waiting weeks and weeks for a few plants,also,IMO.
Good Luck!

ddtran46

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
yeah i guess..if everyone keep telling be to buy it online, then i guess i will. First I'm trying to sell my complete 20 gallon long on craigslist first. Then, i will buy hc online.

ciaobella7122

i love my ween!
Jul 28, 2008
Connecticut
HC supposedly grows very fast! I love the look of your tank, simple and beautiful! I cannot wait to see it grown out :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store