72g Bowfront Mbuna Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Thanks colematthewmala, the labs seem to be a big hit with everyone.

:irked:...Look who said this! A rabbit is accusing a donkey for being long-eared. :shakehead:
:rofl:

Looks like I am gonna have to keep you waiting though, sorry! :D

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
OK, then I will stay cranky... I mean, waiting!!!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Still no rescape yet! I have been waiting to disturb the tank until my mbuna sold because I have to catch 1 more guy anyways. Problem is that 4 people back to back now have asked I hold the fish while they get their tanks setup and then stiff me! Now I am the cranky one here. :)

On to happier news! I got sick of never having any fry survive after being released into the main tank so I seized the chance to catch a holding albino socolofi and put her in a seperate tank to spit. 14 fry were released! Tomorrow they will be a week old. They have been feeding on fresh brine shrimp, cucumber & I tried a little crushed flake last night.

Pictures are a little clearer if you click them.
Day 1

This morning eating some BBS (I use a flashlight to attract the BBS & the fry come running!)

It seems odd that I can not sell my current fish but am trying to raise more right? I am hoping to get a few more females of each species & just sell the few extra male juvis really cheap. Although I currently have relisted my subadults at about $8.33 a piece and still no luck, anyone want some fish? :D

On Monday I have 1 or 2 OB zebras moms that will be ready to be pulled so I plan to rescape the tank then....let's hope!

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Cool deal yeah you will learn that some people will stiff you in a split second.. Good job on the fry and nice photos.. Also you may have to come down to five bucks a fish to sell them.. take care..

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Thanks pittbull! Hmm you told me to sell them for $12 just a little while back. :) I paid more than $5 for them when they were 1/3 the size, only a few cents more but still that was a bulk discount. All but 1 of them are 3.5"+. I know times are hard but I am selling these for less than what I am paying for little juvis, some places online are charging $20+ each and that doesn't include shipping. :)

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Congrats for the fry! Nice looking little guys those albino Ps. socolofi!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Thanks efors! The bigger my adults get the more I love them, the male always has his fins spread & is just gorgeous! And of course anything in miniature size is just that much better! :D

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Oh yeah i understand but if there not moving than you will have to come down a bit hehehe sorry.. Or you can do buy 2 get the third free or a penny deal.. marketing is the illusion that someone is getting a deal ..

AfroCichlid

AC Members
Jan 10, 2008
Fort Myers, FL
IMO you're never going to move them trying to sell them at retail prices. I never had success selling Mbuna... doesn't mean you won't, but you might have better luck with local pet stores, and even then you might end up with store credit rather than cash. I haven't paid for food or ferts in months on fish trade ins, but these are 1" ers and usually Brichardi or Geophagus Brasiliensis. Works for me.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
I totally understand what you guys are saying & I agree I can't get retail prices for them, that is why I am selling them for nearly 70% less than retail prices. :)

I wish my local stores would take trades in, even for store credit. I have tried 5 different LFS (2 over 45 minutes away) and none will take any fish trade ins, a couple won't even take returns. 2 stores won't even just take em for free!

I have several new hits on the new price, we will see if any follow through. I have now had more than a dozen people arrange for pickup & either never show up on the pickup day or cancel at the last minute. Buyers remorse is setting in awfully early these days. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store