72g Bowfront Mbuna Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AfroCichlid

AC Members
Jan 10, 2008
Fort Myers, FL
Are you using Craigslist? I got rid of a lot of fry that way. Local pick-up, and you can preview the homes. I always posted the requirements and asked about folks' setups. I still never made a " profit " though. After raising fry to 1" it's tough to make back what you've invested in foods. The best sellers are rare fish.... I've had success with Tanganyikans and Eartheaters. Mbuna are tough to sell. Good luck though, I hope you find a reliable buyer.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Yeah I have posted on craigslist & several other websites too, maybe 6 or so. Craigslist has been a nightmare! A lot of pervs...:uhoh:

I am not looking to make a profit really, just trying to get my money back on all my extra males (bought juvis, grew them out, sexed them into breeding groups). I am WAY in the negative at $8 each when you include food & electric. If I were to sell fish for profit it certainly would not be Mbuna, learned that the hard way. :D Thanks for your advice & support!

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
pervs? o god. im scared to buy my amp from there now lol. what do you mean?

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
yeah you have to watch craigs list full of perv's and serial killers..

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
I mean pervs, creepy guys! :) One guys would not stop calling me & my friend after buying some aquariums awhile back, saying really creepy things (I think he thought he was being smooth). Yesterday I had another guy keep emailing me (AFTER he said he did not want the fish anymore) asking to go out sometime, talking about his hot car and blah blah blah. Pittbull is right, gotta watch out! Needless to say I have never let any craigslist people pick up directly from my house. :D

AfroCichlid

AC Members
Jan 10, 2008
Fort Myers, FL
I mean pervs, creepy guys! :) One guys would not stop calling me & my friend after buying some aquariums awhile back, saying really creepy things (I think he thought he was being smooth). Yesterday I had another guy keep emailing me (AFTER he said he did not want the fish anymore) asking to go out sometime, talking about his hot car and blah blah blah. Pittbull is right, gotta watch out! Needless to say I have never let any craigslist people pick up directly from my house. :D
Lol, I didn't think of the gender aspect of Craigslisting. Being male, I risk only getting scammed by Nigerian Princesses ( whom I currently support three ), and male enhancement ads.
You however, are the perfect candidate for the Creepy Fish Geek Stalker. They find out you breed fish and next thing you know they're watching you do water changes though your window. I know I would.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
wow what freaks. at least im a guy so the chance of stalking is alot less.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Lol, I didn't think of the gender aspect of Craigslisting. Being male, I risk only getting scammed by Nigerian Princesses ( whom I currently support three ), and male enhancement ads.
You however, are the perfect candidate for the Creepy Fish Geek Stalker. They find out you breed fish and next thing you know they're watching you do water changes though your window. I know I would.
Oh no, Afro is one of them! :thud:

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
if someone stalked me i think id punch them in the face.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store