75 Gallon Upgrade! Woo Hoo!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AfroCichlid

AC Members
Jan 10, 2008
Fort Myers, FL
Looking good so far. Hopefully you can find the paint soon and finish up your canopy. :thumbsup:
Couldn't find it. Oh well, textured black will do. I painted the canopy this morning, I'll give it until tomorrow ( Go Cardinals! ), then I'll stick it on there. I made it pretty tall, so I think eventually I'm going to cut out doors in the front. Everything in time... at least the tank's setup!

AfroCichlid

AC Members
Jan 10, 2008
Fort Myers, FL
120g Tropheus would be awesome! (and pricey) How long since you have been to Boardroom Aquatics? They have some really cool Cheery Spots! 3 for $65. :22_yikes:

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=1913
Wow, those are some gorgeous fish. I can picture them over a black sand substrate with dark rocks. Maybe even a reddish sand. That would be sweet.
I haven't been to Boardroom in awhile. I try to deal with John at Reef Center most of the time. He just can't get any Cyps. Maybe I'll try Boardroom or the guy down on 41.

GPRC

AC Members
Jun 19, 2008
SW Florida
Wow! Very nice! The rocks look outstanding! :thm:

No kidding, the Cherry Spots would be sweet in a tank with black sand. I know they weren't very relevant to this build... But when you mentioned you hoped to have a Tropheus tank one day, I remembered seeing them there. I've never seen them before, pics or in person and they were very cool!

AfroCichlid

AC Members
Jan 10, 2008
Fort Myers, FL
They are an interesting fish. I see you've visited the Cichlid-Forum profile for them. They're one of my favorites and kind of like the Discus of African fishes.

On another note, I didn't notice yesterday that my heater broke when I drained the sump. Must have run dry too long and shattered. So the tank was at 71 F when I woke up. That's 8 degrees off their usual temp. I'm just hoping everyone's okay. I think the Sexi and Tret are tough enough to deal with the lower temps, I'm just worried about the Calvus. They don't like change very much, so the combo of tank change and temp change may be too much. Have to wait and see now.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Cool tank afro.. so how do you watch TV.. looks good so far i just set up a new 20gal long today for some Meleagris, THR with whale eye shells and Indo Pacific Arag live sand looks good so far just need to get those Meleagris heheehe..

Later bro..

AfroCichlid

AC Members
Jan 10, 2008
Fort Myers, FL
Cool tank afro.. so how do you watch TV.. looks good so far i just set up a new 20gal long today for some Meleagris, THR with whale eye shells and Indo Pacific Arag live sand looks good so far just need to get those Meleagris heheehe..

Later bro..
Lol. That pic was taken in mid-tank-swap. The 55 is out of the living room and the loveseat is back where the tank sits. I don't watch a whole lot of TV anyway, but my wife and I can still sit together and watch what we want... her the TV... me the tank.

AfroCichlid

AC Members
Jan 10, 2008
Fort Myers, FL
Man, my place is a mess. Had to bring a few people home with us after the party last night so they wouldn't drive across town, yeah.... that's my excuse....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store