75g craigslist rebuild

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

goalieman59

Gone Crazy, back soon
Jul 23, 2008
OFallon IL
Ok, so upgrade the lighting it is, I finished the silicone last night. The tube says that it is good to go after 24 hours. Is this true, or should i wait 48 hours? I am not sure about my silicone job cause i was dumb and touched to try and fix a lump that i had after a few minuets. So i am wanting to test asap to see if i am going to have to strip and reseal again.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Yes i would would wait for 2 days to make sure and even a third day if you have good patience skills I don't LOL.. If money isn't a problem for you, you can get a Coralife compact strip light with the 50/50 light bulb its what i use on all of my setups..

goalieman59

Gone Crazy, back soon
Jul 23, 2008
OFallon IL
Yes i would would wait for 2 days to make sure and even a third day if you have good patience skills I don't LOL.. If money isn't a problem for you, you can get a Coralife compact strip light with the 50/50 light bulb its what i use on all of my setups..
Ok so i have a two bulb T8 setup so two of them. Ok then I will wait to start watertest until sunday night. Until then i can get the stand and the canopy prep and ready to go.

rogersb

AC Members
Apr 9, 2008
Good job and good advice so far, but I would stick with the t-8 over PC. I've had several of the coralife fixtures and never had good luck with them. I don't know how you did the silicone but if you did not use your finger to smooth it into place it may not hold water. I redid a tank and just let it bead out of the tube. Leaks everywhere. I had to go back and reseal it but use my finger to smooth it into place.

goalieman59

Gone Crazy, back soon
Jul 23, 2008
OFallon IL
Pitt, will a 96w 36in light be enough to light the tank with a 50/50 light. Roger I did use my finger, I will start water test late tonight and start painting the stand.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Yes that will be fine i use the less wattage fixtures but that light sounds good..

goalieman59

Gone Crazy, back soon
Jul 23, 2008
OFallon IL
Ok so watertest has been hold over 24 hours now I am going to leave water in it till morning. If no leak then i will come in the house tomorrow. Then start the set up.:headbang2: Will have more pics tomorrow.

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
That's great, good luck!

7itanium

AC Members
Jan 31, 2009
Spokane, WA
personally I would go with 60 pounds of aragonite sand... your wife will get used to the water changes its easy after the 2nd or 3rd time.

I like arogonite cause it gives you a nice white sandbed which contrasts nicely with the peacocks and matched the holey rock

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store