75g Paludarium Build Log

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

invertebrater

invertebrater
Mar 6, 2009
Northern California
Real Name
Tommy
yep crabs are the best! im in like with their antics..

as far as the the whole system goes. i plan on installing a multi-line drip system with 1/4" hoses and plumb the waterfall and then greatstuff it using a mold made out of egg crate to cover the top corner. they'll be powered by a magnum 350 canister filter fed into that tall abs pipe in the corner, which is Y'd off to feed the waterfall and drip system. i need to finish the waterfall/stream and then i can set it in place.. and im thinking about using cork bark tiles for the background to cover up the back.. the sides i think im going to keep open and just use electrical tape to cover the false bottom. and for flora my main elements will be bonsai trees and frog moss patches. substrate i'm thinking lining the bottom with clay balls and on top coco bedding mixed with some moss. so, can't wait to finish i think it will be a nice the paludarium haha.. wish me luck! :headbang2:

Oh and anyone think i can get away with just coating the greatstuff with some coats of fiberglass resin? i think that would work well..

invertebrater

invertebrater
Mar 6, 2009
Northern California
Real Name
Tommy
Looking good I would also think about more land area since Geosesarma Bogorensis sp. are more land based then water based crabs if you really want a nice colony.
yes, i'm not done with the right side yet there will be more land for sure.. i'm going to try to build them these types of burrows that you see on the riverbank in the picture. probably made out of greatstuff and grouted or painted with fiberglass resin. i bet they'll love it :)

about_pic8[1].jpg

Sounguru

Guru at being an expert
That sounds like a cool idea can't wait to see that come along

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
It's coming along nicely Mr. S! Can't wait to see it when it's all finished.

PaulJ69

CP addict
Mar 18, 2008
NJ
This is going to be awesome!!!

invertebrater

invertebrater
Mar 6, 2009
Northern California
Real Name
Tommy
here's an update on what ive been doing with the waterfall, not done yet but wanted to see if you guys think the texture is good?.. i experimented with a few ways of carving out the foam, and peeling it off with your fingers is the best way ive found.. it's softer inside than on the outside side.. i think im good with the color so im going to try to find a way to clear coat it in an aquarium safe way.. most likely epoxy.. unless there's a reason not to..

waterfall1.jpg waterfall2.jpg waterfall3.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store