a fish dies every day help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

corrina3

AC Members
Aug 4, 2013
australia
I no its a big tank but remember iv lost fish and wanna get more fish too ph is now sitting on 7 , is that too low and would that alone be killing them

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
sorry for your mysterious losses :( What is your water source, and have you tested the parameters of it? like the gh and kh? what's the nitrite/nitrate of the tank?

I've heard stories about micro bubbles from canisters harming fish, but idk how you can test for this

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
ph is now sitting on 7 , is that too low and would that alone be killing them
I asked if the tank is in your house because I do not trust a tank in the open (customers, ect).
A PH of 7 is OK.

It is 10,000 Liters right??

with a 10,000L tank that is over 2600gals. Wow, I do not now any chernicals that would harm it.

corrina3

AC Members
Aug 4, 2013
australia
what are the parameters of it? what do you mean ? and whats the gh and kh??

sorry for your mysterious losses :( What is your water source, and have you tested the parameters of it? like the gh and kh? what's the nitrite/nitrate of the tank?

I've heard stories about micro bubbles from canisters harming fish, but idk how you can test for this
?

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
GH = general hardness
KH = carbonate hardness

"Parameters" usually refers to Ammonia (NH3), Nitrite (NO2), and Nitrate (NO3). All three are the forms of nitrogen that are fed throughout the nitrogen cycle we see in tanks.

I'd be worried about something unknown being in your source water as well. Are you using a dechlorinator? If your water has chlorine and/or chloramine that is definitely needed.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
The pH is certainly fine...and I'm not surprised with such low stock in a huge amount of water volume that you aren't showing anything.

How is the rainwater collected? You shouldn't need to treat it, but I'd be worried that it could pick something up if it's run off from a building.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store