A Terrorist - Nonetheless...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Teelie

AC Members
Dec 19, 2005
Lauren said:
Fact is that if he was white and did it to attack the US government, you wouldn't have made a thread about it.
Sad but true I think. One extremist talking about another doesn't help anything.

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
Do you know why this terrorist act is not in the news?
Funny, it was in the Washington Post, and NPR gave it quite a bit of air time yesterday. Maybe you need to change your news sources.

Fact is, there is a legal definition of terrorism, and it was decided that this act did not meet that standard. If you don't like it, write your legislators. They are the ones who write federal laws that the attorneys were following.

Soulmanure

Soulmanure
Jan 27, 2005
San Francisco
This thread is interesting because it points to the fact that a universal definition of terrorism is very difficult to pin down. The U.N. throws up its hands and takes a consensus approach:

http://www.unodc.org/unodc/terrorism_definitions.html

But if we take the Patriot Act's definition of terrorism, it seems to me that any act that any state looks at as violently illegal is, by the U.S.' definition, a terrorist one. Thus, if the U.S. has broken the laws of other countries in a way that is dangerous to human life, then the U.S. is a terrorist organization as well. This definition, I believe, creates all sorts of problems from an international perspective. But it certainly indicts the Graduate Student.

USA PATRIOT Act Definition: "activities that (A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the U.S. or of any state, that (B) appear to be intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population, (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion, or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping, and (C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S."

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
125gJoe..they won't give up on the "PC" point of view(s). Don't offend anyone, at anytime for any reason....wonder if Mother Nature could do that?

Plain and simple it is terrorism, by his staement, by the Patriot Act, regardless of his racial or ethnic background.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
rbishop said:
125gJoe..they won't give up on the "PC" point of view(s). Don't offend anyone, at anytime for any reason....wonder if Mother Nature could do that?

Plain and simple it is terrorism, by his staement, by the Patriot Act, regardless of his racial or ethnic background.
POINT!
"
DON"T OFFEND the Terrorists -- you may get sued! :mad:

Again, this terrorist "planned" his "act" for two years!!!!!!

Last edited:

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
edted..

________

Last edited:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Teelie said:
You seem to be taking it rather personally.
Hmmm...yes....even though I didn't lose any one in my family...I didn't lose any friend(s)...even though I didn't PERSONALLY do any thing to force them to do what they did at the world trade center, (hint: remember 9/11/01), yes, I am taking it personally when people claim they are performing actions based on our reactions to their unfounded hatred.

Watcher74

Senior N00b
Feb 5, 2004
Texas
Visit site
Actually they usually use Allah's name more than Mohammad.

Every diety, however, has been used to slaughter people. The Crusades were intiated by the judeo christian "God" against "Allah".

Any thought belief that makes a person feel that they can harm or kill fellow humans and it actually be good thing that they benefit from in this life or after it needs to be eradicated.

All it takes is one self appointed "servant of (whatever) god" nuking the planet to wipe out this little human attempt at civilization. Hopefully Bush can't demand a "crusade" with nuclear strikes while holding his particular holy book in his hand.

We are getting too technologically advanced to allow ancient attempts to explain why we are here and how we should live to direct us.

That is one of the greatest threats to our species' survival in my opinion.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store