ADA 75-P Tank Journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ngfrazier

AC Members
Oct 29, 2007
Lafayette, LA
Update!

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

I changed a couple things:

First, I needed more flow.... Those two outflows don't create enough "churn" in the tank. I was noticing that the Green Myrio in the lower left side was looking sickly and was getting brown algae stuck in its leaves. I got a Koralia nano. It only uses 3.5 watts and creates a nice boost in flow. Also, my fish LOVE to swim against the current.

Second, I was having a problem with the glass intake pipe getting sucking up the Dwarf Hairgrass on the front right side. Plus, it would clog and slow the flow down. Solution? Overflow box. I though about drilling this tank, but decided against it. So, I got an Eschopps nano overflow. From that one overflow I split the intake between two canisters. It seems to be working well. Also, as a bonus, it skims the water.

Lastly, I had a bit of some gunk/fungus on the branches, so I bleached them.... Too much, in fact. I put about a 1:3 or 1:4 solution (bleach to water) and let them soak. I was only gonna do it for a couple hours, but I forgot about it for a couple of days. I imagined that it wouldn't actually turn the wood white. Oops.

But, I like the new look. It looks like the wood was left in a desert and bleached by the sunlight (UV).

Anyways, your comments and suggestions are welcome.

IMG_0117.jpg IMG_0116.jpg

cockroach

AC Members
Feb 15, 2010
The Chungle Taiwan
Coming along nicely!!!

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Looking good...maybe some pruning back as it seems the "river" of white sand has disappeared!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store