Air Force Seeks Bush's Approval for Space Weapons Programs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

reiverix

Aye
Sep 4, 2004
Columbus, OH
slipknottin said:
As I said earlier, these weapons defeat countries not militarily, but economically. Other countries attempting to keep pace will drain their economies and turn their countries upside down. No other country can finance such an operation as we can.
North Korea, one of the worlds poorest countries, can still find the cash to build nukes. Some governments are quite willing to break the backs of their civilians to get what they want.

Leopardess

Everything's eventual.
Aug 13, 2003
New Hampshire Seacoast Area
Visit site
Hehe, I was referring to the terminology of "world's police". He gave a speech in '47 in which he asked for money to fund efforts in Greece and Turkey to fend off communism. The idea itself has been around as long as people have stuck their noses in other people's business...which has been around for eternity, I'm sure.

nursie

AC Members
Jan 15, 2005
Peoria, IL
Real Name
michelle
Truman certainly added the "police" part.
I saw a PBS special on Wilson, and learned a lot. I'd not known much about him. He was an intellectual...and not always appreciated as such. He was the child of a minister...and felt almost as if he had the divine right of rule. While he was on the "stump" to sell the treaty of Versilles (at the end of WW1) to the people he had a massive stroke, and his wife kept him in seculsion, would not let anyone have access to him. All info went through her...both to and from. SHe basically ran the country. Things happened in those days that wouldn't have a chance now. If you have a chance to see it, its interesting.

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
reiverix said:
North Korea, one of the worlds poorest countries, can still find the cash to build nukes. Some governments are quite willing to break the backs of their civilians to get what they want.
The Soviet Union tried to compete with us. And bankrupted their country. Why should North Korea, a country already nearing an economic collapse, be able to sustain such a program?

Building a half a dozen nukes is an accomplishment, but being able to take on a country such as the US without being completely obliterated is another.

ergo sum

AC Members
Mar 15, 2005
The Chinese own upward of 600Billion Dollars of US debt. At the rate we are going they won't have to develop this technology they will just be able to foreclose on it. The pentagon spends upward of 500Billion every year, more than enough to pay off all the social security debt the federal government has stolen from us over the years.

This program and the policies of this government will destroy more than it will ever benefit this country. Had the DOE been involved in Alternative Energy for all these year instead of Star Wars we wouldn't have to worry about Middle Eastern Oil today.

zave2340

WWW - Wondrful Water World
Jan 31, 2005
Elmvale
come after us.... bring it on you little US. Canada will thorw all we have at us..... wait a min......

i forgot, we have only 3 tanks.!

and some helis that are 30-45 years old.

come on over, we need you. that is sad!

O CANADA

nursie

AC Members
Jan 15, 2005
Peoria, IL
Real Name
michelle
ergo sum said:
The Chinese own upward of 600Billion Dollars of US debt. At the rate we are going they won't have to develop this technology they will just be able to foreclose on it. .
Are you kidding?? We borrowed from the Chinese? Like I said...US foreign policy is voodoo...geesh!

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
slipknottin said:
... ....

Building a half a dozen nukes is an accomplishment, but being able to take on a country such as the US without being completely obliterated is another.
If we destroy N. Korea, what would/could China do?

Answers, opinions please..

Pic of space weapon..

Last edited:

reiverix

Aye
Sep 4, 2004
Columbus, OH
The point I was making about North Korea is that once a country has nukes they are untouchable. The size of the army, air force, etc becomes obsolete. North Korea does not need to 'take on the US'. Why should they. If the US threatened to invade North Korea then I'm sure South Korea would be on the receiving end of an NK dirty bomb. The thought of that alone is a good deterrent. Sure, Russia is bankrupt but they still have an impressive amount of firepower.

Which brings me to the first post I made. Too much cash spent on weapons worldwide. No wonder everyone is paranoid these days.

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
reiverix said:
The point I was making about North Korea is that once a country has nukes they are untouchable. The size of the army, air force, etc becomes obsolete. North Korea does not need to 'take on the US'. Why should they.
Thats my point. Even if they have nukes, they are still not really a threat to us. They do not have that capability. Nukes dont make you a superpower.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store