Amazon River Disaster & Global Warming Facts

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
C'est la vie.

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
There are parts of Greenland that are now being farmed that haven't been productive since the Vikings were the big guys on the block. Tell the people there that global warming is a bad thing. It's all a matter of perspective.

Just like civil unrest in Africa has been very profitable for a few European companies, and a world at war has lined a handful American pockets. It's all a matter of perspective, right?

In any case, it's absolutely clear that Al Gore doctored those pictures to prove his point...

Geesh.

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
I blame Al Gore who is practically a billionaire from all his 'save the climate' crapola

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
That is horrible. I think it is insane that this is the first mention of this disaster that I have seen thus far!

ATM we don't know why global warming is happening but we do know it is. I can only assume that after the world's rivers rin dry, humans and the rest of Earths species will not be far behind...

It's say to see our planet slowly dying right before our own eyes...

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
I blame Al Gore who is practically a billionaire from all his 'save the climate' crapola
Kudos to him, it's a fantastic business plan. If it can't be proved to actually be happening then there is no way he can be wrong. lol

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
I don't see why what Al Gore is doing is any worse than what Rupert Murdoch is doing...

GuppyGirl1230

Snails, Guppies and Corys, OH MY!!!
Jul 14, 2010
Westminster, Colorado
Real Name
Maribeth
CaptainCaveman, why don't you start here:
http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/science/index.html#ref
http://www.newscientist.com/topic/climate-change
http://www.exploratorium.edu/climate/
http://www.ipcc.ch/

The biggest initiative on capping greenhouse gasses is the Kyoto Protocol, signed and ratified by 121 countries, NOT INCLUDING THE US. We are not leaders in Green initiatives, nor are we even close. China, the BIGGEST producer of greenhouse gasses does not have to follow the protocol because they are listed as a developing nation, and under Kyoto, developing nations do not have to restrict their use of fossil fuels. Bush (the 2nd one) pulled the US out of the Kyoto protocol because they wanted to change China's status to non-developing. So since they hold over 1/3 of the US national debt, we backed them up. As of right now there is no green legislation or regulations within the US.

Industrialization, burn and slash farming, cow farms, and use of fossil fuels ALL CONTRIBUTE TO THE GREENHOUSE EFFECT. Thats Science. Not propaganda. EVEN THE EPA, a division of the US GOVERNMENT, acknowledges that PEOPLE ARE HUGE CONTRIBUTORS TO GLOBAL WARMING. IN FACT, WE DIRECTLY CAUSED GLOBAL WARMING, GREENHOUSE EFFECTS, ENVIRONMENTAL PROBLEMS LIKE EXTINCT AND ENDANGERED SPECIES ETC.

If you don't believe that, do me a favor and stop talking because you don't know what the hell you are talking about. Go ahead and listen to those who say it doesn't exist or isn't caused by humans, and then in 20 years when the climate changes so drastically that food production is all be halted, don't cry that you are hungry. And definitely don't do your own research because thats just crazy, everything they say on corporate owned television HAS to be TRUE right?!

Respectfully,
Maribeth

GuppyGirl1230

Snails, Guppies and Corys, OH MY!!!
Jul 14, 2010
Westminster, Colorado
Real Name
Maribeth
Hi guys,

I just wanted to let you all know about my most recent report and some global warming facts, in which some of you may have interest in reading it - what is happening to our freshwater world, which I think is of concern to all, not only of the aquarists and or/fish & plant lovers. I lived, researched and wrote it for the website of PFK this week:
http://www.aquapress-bleher.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

Enjoy (or possibly not),

Heiko Bleher
www.aquaprtess-bleher.com
www.aqua-aquapress.com
Heiko~

Fantastic article, very good info and very well written. Keep posting your articles because they are extremely informative and very good! Thanks!

Maribeth

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
the ignorance of humanity is astonishing beyond words...

getting the word out might be the first step, but turning off our pc's for one hour a night and doing something about it would be much more successful...

each individual CAN offset what that individual causes many times over... but no government has the ability to offset what it's people causes on any day thus far...

industry needs to be held accountable. if one were to instate a law where any company making (x) amount of dollars of gross annual profit (lets say the biggest 1 or 2 percent profit wise) were federally mandated to invest (y) amount into wind, solar, etc. energy this would boost sales in green power industries to the point where prices would/could drop fast enough to make it financially appealing to the masses. once it's cheaper to use green fuels than it is to plug into the power company that's using jet fuel to power it's turbines to keep our a/c's running... well, cheap is appealing....

people (government and industry included) just need to think rationally about the legacy that we leave our children... as a whole.

nuclear, for example is one source that IMO is still at least 50 yrs of research away from being the "safe" fuel it's thought to be today. anyone who disagrees, i would challenge to recollect what problems BP had recently and think back how long we've been totally dependent on that fuel/technology... then compare/contrast the scope of disasters that are possible with a "slip of the wrist" or one paid off inspection............ AFAIK one drill hole blowing can't send off a chain reaction that sets the rest of them off across an entire continent/nation to destroy all known life on the planet. nuclear theoretically has that capability........................ fission especially....

as a whole, we are one seriously ignorant, arrogant PEST species.... like ticks that have invaded/colonized every square inch of a host drilling for blood on more unprecedented levels on a minute by minute basis... our host is dying and yet there's a good majority of individuals of our "intelligent" species that sees no signs of it.........

funny how insignificant the hole in our ozone seems to have become in a decade... in light of our mass extinctions... which is so insignificant... in light of our global warming....
(yes, i understand there may or may not be a correlation between the former and latter depending who paid the scientists looking at both and who you're talking to)

and here i sit, obviously possessing the ability to send this communication. thus i am no better......

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store