Angel tank mates?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
Bleeding hearts might be a possibility but will they nip at the fins of my angels?

Marinemom

I've only observed them at the Aquarium, but I've never seen any nipping between them and the Altums they were housed with.

Marinemom

AC Members
Apr 8, 2006
Ok well maybe I need to look for some of those if I can find some that are really good size. I just get tired of putting fish in the tank that are supposed to be compatible with angels and they end up disappearing never to be seen again.

Marinemom

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
Ok well maybe I need to look for some of those if I can find some that are really good size. I just get tired of putting fish in the tank that are supposed to be compatible with angels and they end up disappearing never to be seen again.

Marinemom

I can imagine! At least the Angels are happy. :lipssealedsmilie: Sorry, couldn't resist.

naps

AC Members
Jan 1, 2006
Houston, TX

Marinemom
I totally feel you!!
As far as the nipping w/ bleeding hearts I've read that they can nip and then I've read that they are fine with angels. I've seen them housed with angels, but personally I don't have any experience with them. Sorry.

I did have some issues with german rams chasing my angels around a bit.

meandthetanks

AC Members
Apr 15, 2008
when i housed congos with my angel a while back the congos shredded her fins,just thought id add my little bit of info ;-)

derekp

MTS Awareness Member
Nov 11, 2007
I have 5 full grown congos in with 3 full gown angels and some full grown rainbows. The congos swim with the rainbows and nobody bothers the angels. Congos also get as big as rainbows too. They may be a good choice to put with the angels. They will, however, occupy the middle zone with the rainbows and angels. If you want fish in different zones you could try come dwarf cichlids or large killifish.

Marinemom

AC Members
Apr 8, 2006
I had red phantoms in with the angels and rainbows and they have all but disappeared. I think I need to go on a mission for some very large tetras like the bleeding hearts in extra large size and possibly some congos too. I have always wanted to try some congos and in the 125 gallon there is plenty of room. At least there is now.

Any other suggestions on really large tetras to go in with my angels and rainbows will be appreciated.

Marinemom

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store