Angel tank mates?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
I had red phantoms in with the angels and rainbows and they have all but disappeared. I think I need to go on a mission for some very large tetras like the bleeding hearts in extra large size and possibly some congos too. I have always wanted to try some congos and in the 125 gallon there is plenty of room. At least there is now.

Any other suggestions on really large tetras to go in with my angels and rainbows will be appreciated.

Marinemom
Huh?:confused: What angels are these, MM? Scalares? Altums?

Marinemom

AC Members
Apr 8, 2006
I had posted pictures of them when I first got them and they have grown considerably since then. They are in a 125 gallon fully planted tank so they have plenty of room.One of the angels is a marbled angel and one is an altum.( I think ) The others are a black veil tail and one that is almost all white with a little gold with a bit of black around the face. They were tank raised so I am really perplexed at this whole situation. The angels eat everything I give them which is a variety of frozen foods as well as good flake food and pellets too. They even eat the algae wafers I put in for the pleco and the cories. They eat EVERYTHING! I think I just need to put some fish in the tank for their tank mates that they cannot possibly eat. Do you think?

Marinemom

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
wow, I've been searching for altum for some time..it's how I discovered my wild P. Scalare..

Altums are very Distinct with an 'unusual' shape for an Angel

http://www.angelsplus.com/images/altum3.jpg

is a picture..there are much better pictures. generally they have distinct black bars with dark brown bars between the black bars. the bars are wider than Scalare and there is a distinct shape to the head/face

Last edited:

Marinemom

AC Members
Apr 8, 2006
Thanks for the link. One of my angels looks close to that but not exactly the same. I guess it is not an altum but another strain. At any rate these angels are pigs disguised in angel fish form. I really do not know how to satisfy them completely but one thing is for sure. I am not happy about them eating a lot of their tank mates.

Marinemom

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
Marinemom,
FYI..Angels are pigs!!!

you feed them and they always want more.

do you have pics of the altum like angels? might have peruvian scalare(lovingly called Peruvian altums-jk)

Marinemom

AC Members
Apr 8, 2006
At the moment my camera is having problems. I will see if I can borrow my daughters camera and get a picture or two up of these angels in the net day or so.

Marinemom

rinmouse

peek-a-boo!
Aug 5, 2006
tank mates

I have 3 large angels that were housed with a good size school of neons.. all was well for about a year and a half... in the space of a month my neons were all gone but 2 (there were about 15-quite lovely looking) But I also have 4 lemon tetras and 5 bleeding hearts as well as some marble and silver hatchetfish. Everyone but the neons have been doing well, no fin nipping probs with the bleeding hearts, and they seem to get prettier every day-had them for about 6 mos

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store