Another great rescue by me chevo

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chevo

AC Members
Dec 5, 2005
portland rx
Yes i think i will move them to the 55 gallon tank but latter i might just sell the fish in my 75 gallon tank and put them in there any advise guys maybe ill just wait till i get another fish tank big enought. i swear i spend a lot of time looking for cheap tanks to use :idea2:

cohazard

AC Members
Apr 6, 2004
Visit site
I don't believe a word of it........

Even rich people have reason.......I don't think she would buy all of the fish in one tank. Besides, rich people don't shop at wal-mart, lol. Guess who would do that though.........an average person who recently came into some money and wanted to 'splurge' or 'feel rich'. I've seen it in people, it's funny.

Even if the story is true.........you went back to argue with the woman? What's your problem? She let you take all that stuff that she spent her money on, because she could probably tell you would take better care of it. You harassed her on her property, over her son's irresponsibility/immaturity. That doesn't reflect too well on you.

We here are a minority. Most people have no clue how to properly take care of an aquarium.....it's understandable. It's a fairly complex hobby to be involved in that looks very attractive to the average person; who is usually met with failure because they don't realize that the net has websites where people just talk about taking care of fish.

Honestly, those fish don't look like they've been in a tank where the dead fish out number the living, with no filtration for 3 days.......if you made up the story for fear that the people on these boards would chew you out for overstocking your 20g (similar to how you "bitych" that woman) then I'm sorry you felt that way.

chevo

AC Members
Dec 5, 2005
portland rx
Well im sorry you feel that way and rich ppl here were i live do shop at walmart cuse thats the closet store that sells fish the other one is like 30 min drive. Anyway she didnt give them to me i took them from the trash she wanted someone to take them. And about me worring about wat anyone says about how i stock my tanks trust me i could care less ok i do with my stuff wat i think is best.And for your info i only got 10 left i moved them to my yellow lab 55gallon tank now they seem to love it in there i'll post pics latter.

Last edited:

rbell219

AC Members
Nov 12, 2005
Say Chevo---a bit of advice. I looked over oyour tanks and what I would do is a massive reorganization. Your 75 is simply begging you to move the community fish out and stock with Africans. To have a 100 gallon tank that is not strictly African is a shame :). You have enough Africans now to fill that tank and the 75 with some room to grow. I would regroup all your fish because you seem to have some strange mixes anyway. Get all your Africans together---If you absolutely love your Oscars then they need the 100 gallon.
I don't know--the possibilities are endless. I would LOVE to have your tanks and your stock, but I would use them way differently.

STILL---good job on the rescue.

Last edited:

~*LuvMyKribs*~

AC Members
Nov 15, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
www.aquaticescapes.ca
Hey guys cool it he just got these fish... and the africans in the 55... within the last few days. He's already said he's working on re-arranging the tanks and/or getting a new larger tank.

As for SoCalSunset, you'd be suprised how many rich people just throw thier money around... especially ones who have always had it. Coupled with the ones that improperly raise thier children and dont care about animals, and you've got disaster. I would have gone back to question the lady. I would have got mad at her. I cant let things like that slide... espcially in this day and age when it has never been so critical for people to learn to respect animals and give them the care they need... when so many species on this planet are facing extinction due to us. It sadens my heart to see people these days that still dont know the value of life beyond our own species. Anywhoo :OT:

;)
-Diana

Pufferpeep

AC Members
Aug 12, 2005
Im confused. You got these cichlids and 8 electric yellows from another guy who was throwing them out..... Im SOOOOOOO confused. Ayone care to explain?

Thanks

Pufferpeep

Xielos

how I mine for fish?
Sep 13, 2005
I think Chevo did the right thing, I can't say I would'nt have given that lady a piece of my mind either.

Fools and their gold are soon parted, as I always say. Keep us updated on the situation, and its sad that not even animal services care :(

Cylon

AC Members
Sep 12, 2005
Benton, IL
re

Ritch people do shop at Walmart.
That tank isn't showing many fish in it. In fact it looks quite roomy.

chevo

AC Members
Dec 5, 2005
portland rx
Pufferpeep said:
Im confused. You got these cichlids and 8 electric yellows from another guy who was throwing them out..... Im SOOOOOOO confused. Ayone care to explain?

Thanks

Pufferpeep
the yellows i got from a friend he was going to throw them away.
And the little africans is wat this thread is about.

Black_Moor

Aquarium = The Anti-Prozac!
Dec 10, 2005
Seattle
Nice save on the fish, unfortunately human society needs some saving as well as so many people are like that lady.. hmm can we put those people in a 20g tank for awhile see how they like it?

Yes to some others, Rich people shop at walmart all the time.. and thrift stores too.. take a look at a parking lot sometime when you go by one :) I see new mercede's and Beemers in the lots all the time.. it's called living to your limit in plastic lol..

However, the Walmart here doesn't sell fish.. guess we have enough stores that do and wasn't even slightly aware Walmart in any form did-so, interesting to know :) .. do they get Walmart exsclusives in the fish dept. like in everything else? :p

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store