Another great rescue by me chevo

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rbell219

AC Members
Nov 12, 2005
acer1 said:
some of the people on this thread are sorry.. if you dont like a post you dont have to reply..
AMEN

To everyone who has nothing else to do than log on here and trash people----please find something better to do. If you don't have any constructive advice, don't bother. I don't see what's so unbelievable about the story. This is the problem with forums---you don't need any credentials to post.

Genral72

Giver of worthless imformation.
Oct 15, 2005
Pittsburgh
He did the right thing luckily he saved 10 instead of 2. Stop bugging him I believe him I mean come on why would he lie?

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
sumthin fishy said:
.... There were 3 oscars, about 8-10 inches each. 2 dead and one on the way out(had HITH so bad you couldnt even tell it what it was) this fish was obviously not going to recover, or if it did it would not live a verry happy life. I quickly dispatched it(I know some of you will flame me for this, go ahead I did what was right) I was so upset about it I didnt even care what was in the tank, I just left. :(
I think you did the right thing, fishy.... good for you! If there wasn't anything you could do, obviously(and it certainly sounds that way), then you did the right thing.

sumthin fishy

I eat spam
Aug 22, 2005
central california
Real Name
mike
Thanks doll! This post made me think of my experience. I understand that you cant always do everything the way you want to, but the effort is better than if he just left 'em there to die. bravo chevo!!

ashdavid

In Search Of Better Water Quality
Mar 27, 2005
Japan
acer1 said:
some of the people on this thread are sorry.. if you dont like a post you dont have to reply..
But I want to reply , to voice my concerns with the contents of the story, to assertain weather it was true or not.
rbell219 said:
AMEN

To everyone who has nothing else to do than log on here and trash people----please find something better to do. If you don't have any constructive advice, don't bother. I don't see what's so unbelievable about the story. This is the problem with forums---you don't need any credentials to post.
That goes for you too, just b/c some of us found it hard to believe and you find it quite believably, dosen't mean that the disbelievers should not post. Is there a problem with questioning the contents of the story? Or should we all just believe everything that is written?

chevo

AC Members
Dec 5, 2005
portland rx
Ok you are intitled to your opinion i dont relly care if some ppl find it hard to belive like someone said before why would i make it up i got nothing to gain but bad comments so think wat you want i dont have to prove my self to you or anyone else. other than that thanks for reading my post hope you cridisis my stuff all the time. a good reply or a bad one it dont matter in the end you still read wat i post and thats wat matters i got my story across thanks :hi:

ashdavid

In Search Of Better Water Quality
Mar 27, 2005
Japan
chevo said:
Ok , a good reply or a bad one it dont matter in the end you still read wat i post and thats wat matters i got my story across thanks :hi:
I did say I have the right to question the contents of the story, b/c I found it a little hard to believe. But ,that does not mean I do not believe the story, if I didn't I would say so. Anyway I am not here to stir up trouble, just get the facts, so well done on your score and I hope you look after them. :)

cohazard

AC Members
Apr 6, 2004
Visit site
ashdavid said:
That goes for you too, just b/c some of us found it hard to believe and you find it quite believably, dosen't mean that the disbelievers should not post. Is there a problem with questioning the contents of the story? Or should we all just believe everything that is written?
Ah, you beat me to it.

genral72 said:
He did the right thing luckily he saved 10 instead of 2. Stop bugging him I believe him I mean come on why would he lie?
Well sadly, I think this forum has had a bit of a rep in the past of some of the newbs trashing people on poor stocking choices. I've seen people have their heads bit off over the fish in their sig vs. their tank size listed......................then magically, they only have a few fish in their tank after a quick sig edit.

I wasn't disrespectful to Chevo.......I just don't believe him. I think what bothered me the most was that he said he went back to bother the lady. Frankly, I find that ridiculous. Put yourself in her shoes..........I'll use a similar situation.....

Imagine for a moment that you buy a beautiful new potted orchid (a living organism). Now, you're not much of a green thumb, so the plant starts dying after a few days of sitting in the window.

So you put the dried up plant (partly alive) outside in the trash. Then someone comes knocking on your door to ask if they can have this trash you just put out. You figure it's strange, but why not, you were just throwing it out anyway. Then this person uses your property to water the plant, then stick it in a bucket and put that bucket in their "beater" of a vehicle.

You go about your business until there is some more knocking at your door. You answer it and are suddenly faced with the spanish inquisition about your history with the said dying orchid. You're courteous and ask this person to leave, rather than slam the door on their face.

I don't see the difference: Perception 1 Perception 2

Last edited:

~*LuvMyKribs*~

AC Members
Nov 15, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
www.aquaticescapes.ca
I agree that no matter what living organism you buy you should DO YOUR BEST to give it the best possible care and attempt to make it thrive. If you dont even try, then you are like the lady with the kid that wouldnt even teach him the responsibility of caring for a living thing (god help us when he grows up and has kids of his own).

BUT

If you dont see the difference between a plant and a fish I'm not so sure you should be keeping fish.... . :OT: :huh:

chevo

AC Members
Dec 5, 2005
portland rx
Well guys i took a pic and printed it and went to that lady house and showed her wat she threw away and also apoligized for me being rude to here. I then talk to here a little about if she want to buy some more fish for her kid that i would help her find info on how to teach her kid how to take care of them. Wat is weird is that i came to find out after i talk to her is that she new my mom when they were young so that was kind of funny. And she said she would try to talk to her kid about it you see she is one parent one child lady and has a hard time taking care of that mean boy his name i ricky bythe way and she is carmen anyway he came out as me and his mom were talking about my kids i hads pics of them out and he said he now my wife oldes hes 12. Anyway :OT: ill go no just leting you guys no thats its cool

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store