Another great rescue by me chevo

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chevo

AC Members
Dec 5, 2005
portland rx
Cylon said:
Ritch people do shop at Walmart.
That tank isn't showing many fish in it. In fact it looks quite roomy.
Ill post a better pic of all of them latter ok just wanted to show wat some of them looked like. And like i said earlyer she is kind of rich and the reason i say that is cuse they got a big house and she spend like 200 dollars on the set up of that tank for her boy.And there was a brand new bmw in the drive way alone with a new H2 hummer.

ashdavid

In Search Of Better Water Quality
Mar 27, 2005
Japan
chevo said:
so i freaked i ran to my car and got a bucket i carry in the car and went and filled it up with some water from the garden hose and started to put t he fish in there with a net that was in there to go figure they put all the fish stuff in the water i was so mad but anyway i got all of them out.
Ok.... Who drives around with a bucket in their car? Then you put water straight from the tap into the bucket, then put the fish in the bucket? Something dosen't add up here? On top of that the 35 fish were with out a filter for 3 days in a 10g and still half of them were alive??? The chloramines or chlorine from the tap would have finished the rest off! Please,If I missed something correct me if I am wrong!

If the fish survived all that , I will have to say that they are some strong fish in there. Anyway if that was all true ,it was a pretty amazing story

chevo

AC Members
Dec 5, 2005
portland rx
ashdavid said:
Ok.... Who drives around with a bucket in their car? Then you put water straight from the tap into the bucket, then put the fish in the bucket? Something dosen't add up here? On top of that the 35 fish were with out a filter for 3 days in a 10g and still half of them were alive??? The chloramines or chlorine from the tap would have finished the rest off! Please,If I missed something correct me if I am wrong!

If the fish survived all that , I will have to say that they are some strong fish in there. Anyway if that was all true ,it was a pretty amazing story
Well i would tell you that i keep all kind of **** in my car its my beater i call it ihave everything but the kitchen sink lol. And yes it is real belive me i thought they would all die but lucky for me we got some good water here in portlant. On the subject of tapwater i use it to fill my tanks up all the time i put the hose right in the tank to top it off never hurt my fish as you can see. And yes i use a conditioner sometimes not all the time. Like when my wife tops the tanks when im gone on my ship for weeks she forget to add conditioner to them i get mad but look they still alive, so i think our water is better than most so there. And the reason i keep a bucket in my tank is cuse i rescue fish from all over the place so im always prepard i also got some baggies from pet smart you no the one they put you fish in to take them home in i got like a hundred of those in my car to.

ashdavid

In Search Of Better Water Quality
Mar 27, 2005
Japan
You should really be using a water conditioner, even if the water does not have a lot of chlorines in it, it will still be treated with a little bit and will not do the fish good. But that is quite a story , I suppose you should always be prepared. :dive2:

chevo

AC Members
Dec 5, 2005
portland rx
Dont worry I do treat it and besides i got some good filters on my tanks they are kind of over filterated if there is such a thing.

acer1

AC Members
Sep 4, 2005
good shot on the good shot chevo.. i also carry a styro cooler in my trunk just in case i ever do some impulse shopping.

tre8160

AC Members
Dec 3, 2005
You never mentioned that the "guy" who was throwing the labs away was your friend in your previous thread about that rescue. If in fact this guy was your friend I would think he would've offered the fish to you before throwing them in the trash. Something smells like trash, I think it's your stories, they just don't add up. Looks like your 10g is slowly turing into a 7g ( in desperate need of a serious top off).

~*LuvMyKribs*~

AC Members
Nov 15, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
www.aquaticescapes.ca
As I mentioned before.... africans are EXTREMELY hardy. I dont doubt that they survived a few days in a tank with no filter. Although, I highly doubt it was sitting outside for anything more than a few hours. It likely looked like sh1t because the lady didnt clean any algae or anything out of it... and it had way too many fish in such a small tank.

Putting water straight out of the hose was the best thing to do for those fish... the slight amount of chlorine may have stressed them, but IMO it was better than the nasty water and deadly high ammonia and nitrite they were likely in. ;)

-Diana

acer1

AC Members
Sep 4, 2005
some of the people on this thread are sorry.. if you dont like a post you dont have to reply..

sumthin fishy

I eat spam
Aug 22, 2005
central california
Real Name
mike
On a related note, I saw a 29 gallon on the side of the road with a sign marked "FREE". The folks had moved out and left it along with an old couch and a filthy matress. I didnt want to undertake the massive cleaning the tank obviously needed, and at the time didnt have time, money or energy to take on another tank. I was curious to see if there was anything worth keeping from the decor/equipment and I noticed movement. There were 3 oscars, about 8-10 inches each. 2 dead and one on the way out(had HITH so bad you couldnt even tell it what it was) this fish was obviously not going to recover, or if it did it would not live a verry happy life. I quickly dispatched it(I know some of you will flame me for this, go ahead I did what was right) I was so upset about it I didnt even care what was in the tank, I just left. :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store