Any one have luck with Leopard Geckos

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Folks:

Do not know what yall mean by luck but I have them on the back yard fences, on the trees in the back yard and on the rear exterior wall of my house in the spring, summer and fall.

TR
So your live in Afghanistan then, lol! The ones you are seeing are Texas Banded Geckos, a very close relative to Leopard Geckos. I'm assuming you're from Texas by your avatar.

Texas.jpg

jones57742

AC Members
Mar 18, 2006
San Angelo, TX
So your live in Afghanistan then, lol!
:grinyes::grinyes::grinyes:
:help:me please! I am obviously in dire need.
:wall::headbang2::wall::headbang2::wall:

The ones you are seeing are Texas Banded Geckos ...
Vicious_Fish:

I really do appreciate your post as no one locally has ID'ed them.

I'm assuming you're from Texas by your avatar.
Yes: West Texas: Does this geographic association modify your ID?

Vicious_Fish: Three Items:

1) I do not know if you have seen these "in the wild" but they are real chameleons. When they are on the gray cinder block fence they appear as a grey cinder block fence. When they are on the brick exterior of the house they appear as the brick exterior.

2) This one may be my imagination but I believe the larger ones are smart devils as they appear to really enjoy aggravating my puppy dog.

3) You must be an "old C programmer" - the "_" in your name.

TR

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Vicious_Fish: Three Items:

1) I do not know if you have seen these "in the wild" but they are real chameleons. When they are on the gray cinder block fence they appear as a grey cinder block fence. When they are on the brick exterior of the house they appear as the brick exterior.

2) This one may be my imagination but I believe the larger ones are smart devils as they appear to really enjoy aggravating my puppy dog.

3) You must be an "old C programmer" - the "_" in your name.

TR
Texas Banded Geckos are ground dwelling lizards that rarely if ever climb. So I believe you're seeing something else. If you have a camara, take some pictures of them next time and I will identify them for you.

evilxyardxgnome

Ground Gecko Horder
May 1, 2007
Probably if a house gecko of some sort. Or else a type of Anole?

ohbly

AC Members
Feb 9, 2006
New Zealand
Are they the normal coloration or are they the designer morphs? Some of the new morphs can go for thousands of dollars here. I just have normal and high yellow morphs but I will be picking up a nice Tangerine male at the next reptile show I go to.
the ones over here are pretty common. I think your ones would be considered disigner morph in comparison

jones57742

AC Members
Mar 18, 2006
San Angelo, TX
Your whole post made no sense to me. Sorry.
Via your avatar I believe you to be "deep into geckos" and I would appreciate your input.

If OK with can we take my comments one at a time?

What portion of this paragraph does not make sense to you?

TR

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store