Any other snake lovers??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Owens187

AC Members
Oct 22, 2005
California
yeah those piebalds are frikkin twisted sick!!! i would love to have one. ive bred mine many times, but only get the browns / yellow/ gold morph...tho some of the yellows have been extremely bright!!

Emg

AC Members
Jan 16, 2005
Northeast Connecticut
emgstanks.blogspot.com
I'm not especially interested in having a snake...my daughter is...lol...but she can get one when she has her own place. I used to hunt down snakes when I was a kid.....they were fun to catch..but keeping one in a tank doesn't interest me as much as these little beauts !!!

I also have a pair of red bellied newts, which are pretty cool...sort of remind me of little dinosaurs the way they move.....they love to climb up in the plants, though they NEVER go in the water.

tricksterpup

It's SPRING!!! BUNNIE RABBITS
Apr 16, 2001
Minneapolis
tricksterpupstanks.blogspot.com
Real Name
Jim Soos
hmmm.. no snakes here, my girl wants to get a ball python but I tell her we do not have the room. So far I have
6 leopard Geckos
2 Red Ear Sliders
1 Iguana (5 1/2 feet long)

I told my girl she can get a corn if she likes but nothing to big. I just couldnt handle a large snake right now. lol

swreefer

AC Members
Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
I told my girl she can get a corn if she likes but nothing to big. I just couldnt handle a large snake right now. lol
A corn could actually get longer than a ball python. Ball pythons max at about 4 feet. Corns can hit 5 feet. Ball pythons may be thicker than corns but are a LOT more trustworthy IME.

A FEW PICS???
You should see the ones I haven't had the time to upload yet. :eek:

tricksterpup

It's SPRING!!! BUNNIE RABBITS
Apr 16, 2001
Minneapolis
tricksterpupstanks.blogspot.com
Real Name
Jim Soos
swreefer said:
A corn could actually get longer than a ball python. Ball pythons max at about 4 feet. Corns can hit 5 feet. Ball pythons may be thicker than corns but are a LOT more trustworthy IME.
LOL we shall see if I will let her get one.. I dont think i have the room in my house for that.

kittyhazelton

I eat sushi
Aug 15, 2005
Hartford, VT
elfwood.lysator.liu.se
I've got an albino burm. Still quite small at 6feet long and 2 1/2 years old due to poor husbandry from previous owners. He's my favorite! And I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world. I also have a flying gecko, and a desert iguana.

Roan Art

AC Members
Oct 7, 2005
Northern VA
bowheads.org
swreefer said:
Agreed! We have three balls now, we bought one last week for our 8 year old. Susan is a sweet little girl (the snake). First one I've bought from a pet shop. We wanted Deirdre (that's my daughter) to pick our her own snake and one that had been handled a fair amount. There were three in the cage, one in shed that the guy brought out :rolleyes: so of course it immediately tried to tag Deirdre. The littlest was very sweet and we purchased her. We had her checked by the herp vet Saturday and she got a clean bill of health. We're going to keep her in quarrantine a while longer though. Just in case.

Roan

Roan Art

AC Members
Oct 7, 2005
Northern VA
bowheads.org
tricksterpup said:
LOL we shall see if I will let her get one.. I dont think i have the room in my house for that.
Thing is, they don't take up a lot of room. Really. I have a 30gal cage in my bedroom (quarrantine), one 30g in the family room and a 65g in the living room. Well, Monty is everyone's favorite dude so he got the old bearded dragon cage. He loves that thing. Just me, I don't think they take up much room nor are they a lot of work at all.

Roan

Roan Art

AC Members
Oct 7, 2005
Northern VA
bowheads.org
swreefer said:
You can get a female pied delivered to your door for $4K now.
. . . .
. . . .
Don't always go by what the breeders post as prices. Cash in hand lately gets large discounts.
You're right, but one has to have the 4k$ in hand to make an offer :)

Roan

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store