Any other snake lovers??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tricksterpup

It's SPRING!!! BUNNIE RABBITS
Apr 16, 2001
Minneapolis
tricksterpupstanks.blogspot.com
Real Name
Jim Soos
Roan Art said:
Thing is, they don't take up a lot of room. Really. I have a 30gal cage in my bedroom (quarrantine), one 30g in the family room and a 65g in the living room. Well, Monty is everyone's favorite dude so he got the old bearded dragon cage. He loves that thing. Just me, I don't think they take up much room nor are they a lot of work at all.

Roan
Trust me, lol, with 10 running fish tanks, 6 leopard Geckos, 1 5 1/2 iguana, 3 cats, 4 ferrets and 2 RES in a 55 gallon. No more room.. lol, plus I know I will be the one feeding and cleaning the cages as I am already doing. I like some time on my weekends to relax. :D

Roan Art

AC Members
Oct 7, 2005
Northern VA
bowheads.org
tricksterpup said:
Trust me, lol, with 10 running fish tanks, 6 leopard Geckos, 1 5 1/2 iguana, 3 cats, 4 ferrets and 2 RES in a 55 gallon. No more room.. lol, plus I know I will be the one feeding and cleaning the cages as I am already doing. I like some time on my weekends to relax. :D
ROFL, okay, I'll take your bid and match it:

6 running tanks (1 at my daughter's school and I have to go there every week to maintain it) with 3 more coming in December and 2 in April
3 Rough Coated Collies (probably getting another one in April)
2 Cats, 1 Bobtail and 1 Pixiebob
3 Ball Pythons
1 Kenyan Sand Boa

Hrm, are the geckos and iguana as much of a pain as bearded dragons are? If so, you've beat me by a mile. I never want to get a beardie again.

Anyhow, the animals were mine, but now daughter takes care of 1 cat and 1 ball python. Hubby has 1 cat and 1 ball python.

Hubby was one of those "I like snakes from a distance" guys. Then I bought Ricky, our het pie. One day he just picked Ricky up and held him. Ricky ain't mine anymore :) He sits there watching TV with Ricky wrapped around his neck. It's cute!

My greatest chore is making sure the kids and the husband remember the other animals -- screaming counts, right? :)

Roan

tricksterpup

Apr 16, 2001
Minneapolis
Real Name
Jim Soos
Roan Art said:
Hrm, are the geckos and iguana as much of a pain as bearded dragons are? If so, you've beat me by a mile. I never want to get a beardie again.

Roan
Hmmm I wonder what you mean by that.. My iguana can be a pain, well cause he is about the size of our cats with a 3 foot tail and he goes where he wants to go. He is pretty narrow minded that way.
Geckos are pretty simple and easy, its just all the crickets and Waxworms they go through.
The worse critter I got are my 2 Red Ear Sliders, they are pigs and require a cage cleaning almost every other day. And that is with 3 filters.

Liz

AC Members
Mar 25, 2005
I had a coastal carpet python for about a year. He got around 4'. Then I put him out in the rabbit hutch for summer (secretly it was so I could use his tank -which he WAS growing out of- for my fish) and he escaped.... I used to take him on walks around my neck around the neighborhood and let him crawl in peoples' grass. It was fun.

Owens187

AC Members
Oct 22, 2005
California
just search on google for them, there easy to find. type in herpetology supplies, snake holding cabinets, etc. these are nice if you keeping many snakes, or if your breeding as it gives them some privacy. the only drawback is you cant see them unless you take them out. :sim:

Nippy

Sweetie's keeper
May 26, 2002
Fairbanks, Alaska
I LOVE snakes!!! They are the BEST companion animal out there by far! My first was my Kenyan Sand Boa, Kisa:

My 2nd, a ball python, Hakuryu:

And my 3rd, a Dumerils' Boa, Hera:

Kisa is the sweetest little thing! Nothing fazes that snake! She lets you touch her head all you want and has never pulled back in fear.
Hakuryu is my best companion. She hangs out with me for hours at a time, mostly on top of my head. I normally put my hair up all the time in a fancy up-dos and she curls around them and sits there, completely content.
Hera is my hissy missy. I got her last April at almost 4'. I don't have any of her previous owner's history and I'm sure she wasn't handled very much at the warehouse/animal supplier I got her from. She has good days and bad days, but is a beautiful snake with lots of personality. When she is having a good day, she's perfect! She loves to go outside, too.
I took Hakuryu to work one day wrapped around my head and two customers were arguing over whether my "hair wrap" was real or not! :)

tricksterpup

Apr 16, 2001
Minneapolis
Real Name
Jim Soos
Well, it looks like I am going to be joining the snake club. A guy I know in one of my local fish clubs is giving me an 18 inch Albino cal king, cage and all. Looking forward in seeing how life is with a snake.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store