Are there any plants that will survive with only 0.75 watts per gal and no co2 supp?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
Hmmm....

Potassium sulfate, EDTA, Iron Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, DTPA, Potassium Iodide, Ammonium Heptamolybdate, with demineralized water up to 100%.... If you know what all of that is..

Ulan

AC Members
Sep 22, 2006
Looks okay. You have K, Fe, I and Mb taken care of, and the chelators come probably with a bunch of trace elements from soil extraction.

jennfier

..o0o..o0o..
Aug 22, 2006
SW Ohio
www.aquariacentral.com
Dwarf lily bulbs grew bushy & produced many flowers in my 0.8wpg tank w/ very old light bulbs. No ferts, no co2, no care. Try that for no care plants.

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
K.

Thanks.

TommyR

Add water, makes it's own sauce!
Dec 15, 2004
Hudson Valley of N.Y.
You can make a CO2 machine. I just made one over the past 2 days (1 day for the silicone to dry around the 2L soda bottle airline cap connector), it's REALLY easy! Mine works great! I have anacharis and java fern in a 2 gal Hex with a CF light. No fish.

Tom

echoofformless

Peat Advocate & Defender Of Snails
Oct 1, 2005
Phil Uh Del Feeya
www.myspace.com
CoreyMac said:
Try some cabomba and some wisteria.

You meant to include ":joke:" didn't you? Those plants need at least 2.5wpg and even that is pushing it.

Anubias, java moss and java fern will do fine. You might be able to pull certain species of cryptocoryne.

justintoxicated

AC Members
Dec 19, 2005
echoofformless said:
You meant to include ":joke:" didn't you? Those plants need at least 2.5wpg and even that is pushing it.

Anubias, java moss and java fern will do fine. You might be able to pull certain species of cryptocoryne.
My Girl Friend has some Wisteria growing in her tank withless than 1 watt per gallon. Granted, it does not grow like it does in my tank :)

echoofformless

Peat Advocate & Defender Of Snails
Oct 1, 2005
Phil Uh Del Feeya
www.myspace.com
I'll give the wisteria, but cabomba in anything less than 2wpg seems to me impossible, and will just make a big gross mess. I've had trouble keeping that stuff happy in 3wpg.

naps

AC Members
Jan 1, 2006
Houston, TX
Here is my tank it's a 20gh, 15w bulb 6,700k. Nothing else fancy at all, no ferts nothing.
Java moss, Java fern, water sprite, Anubias Afzelii, Anubias Nana and I even have some Tiger Lotus bulbs that sprout and then die off and some swords that don't die but don't grow at all...and I have even grown some jungle Val in there that I moved to another tank.
:cool2:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store