Asian Arrowana petition

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Gambusia

AC Members
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
Oh okay.

A bit pricey.

Well if I ever get a giant tank, I'll consider one.

StreetCypher

AC Members
Apr 18, 2004
vancity, BC
Visit site
I don't pay much attention to them, because I clearly would not be able to take care of them. But I know my lfs has a few jeuveniles for alot less then $300 bucks Canadian. I "believe" it was $65, like I said I didn't pay alot of attention. I just don't want a fish that will get that big....even if I could house it. But thats just my opinion.
Definitely not asian aros. Cheapest asian aro you can get from an LFS is ~$350. You probably saw an australian.
A bunch of people from Vancouver did an asian aro group buy... the first shipment was A+, theres a second shipment on its way. I just gotta say, MUCH cheaper than the LFS.

vaderbanger

AC Members
Dec 1, 2005
im quite confused by all this please fill me in
ive been seeing baby arrowanas for about a decade, you know the little ones with the yolk sac still attached. since when have the become illegal in the usa?
i still see them, theres a store near me that sells them. they have medium ones for 59.99
and in nyc you can find tons of them in almost any petstore for as low as 30 dollars each (small)
i dont get whats going on??? is this the same arrowana fish?

vaderbanger

AC Members
Dec 1, 2005
ok im searching the web trying to find out if its illegal to sell, buy and own and arowana in the united states. and yes ive found several sites but is this an internet rumor? cuz sometimes bogus things run rampade through the internet.
i told you about several stores i know of that sells them, and now ive found several online sites that sell them also, for cheap not for these outrages prices im reading about. ive found silver and black arowana's quite easily and these are from known popular pet sites. a 2-3 inch fish averages around 17.99 online. are they just illegal in certain states like california etc?
im still baffled by this
just google "buy arowana" spelled with one R and see for your selves
heck ive even found arowana food lol

vaderbanger

AC Members
Dec 1, 2005
phew....so these are the legal ones?
lol thank you so much for clearing that up

may i ask what is the difference? they kinda look alike

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com