Australian Desert Gobies eggs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

happypoet

AC Members
Jul 9, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Aaron
#4 is down to about 1/4 of its original number this morning, so I pulled it to do the rest in my fry catcher via airstone. I think for next batch (assuming there is one), I'll pull them as soon as I see eyes. This is the second clutch in a row that has been decimated the day after the eyes showed up. I don't know if this is something common for the species, or unique to this particular father.

The original group and the couple I saved from #2 are doing really good. I have 11 total, and they actively hunt their microworms and frozen bbs, and hop around looking cute as can be.

happypoet

AC Members
Jul 9, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Aaron
very cool, alot of the gobie species I've read about need salt eventually.
I really don't want to get into that. I still have alot to learn about fw.
Yep, these seem to be perfectly good to go in pure fresh. All of my losses have been attributable to mistakes on my part of their parenting. I'm hoping I'll get a full clutch to develop on the next try. Most of the Rhinogobius family also is pure fresh.

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
Yep, these seem to be perfectly good to go in pure fresh. All of my losses have been attributable to mistakes on my part of their parenting. I'm hoping I'll get a full clutch to develop on the next try. Most of the Rhinogobius family also is pure fresh.
Thanks for the info. I can google Rhinogobius and see what I get.
Good luck with the little guys. I guess it's hit or miss when you're learning
about what to do with the babies.
Get some pic's of the little ones:)

happypoet

AC Members
Jul 9, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Aaron
Clutch 4 (or what little was left of it) was eaten by a covert hitchhiker snail in the tube while hanging in the hatchery. The female waited a few extra days before laying again, and clutch 5 is HUGE. I have no idea how many are in there really, but I'd guess close to 100. He's done a great job so far, and we're only a day or two away from eyes, at which point I'll remove them, I think.
The original group of fry are all in a net breeder hanging in the main tank, and are active and growing quickly on frozen bbs and live microworms. The bigger ones can take small white worms now. There are 11 in there. 8 or 9 from clutch 1, and another 2-3 from clutch 2.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store