Australian Desert Gobies eggs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

happypoet

AC Members
Jul 9, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Aaron
Well, massive clutch #5 was a bust. I have TWO fry from it.
Two potential errors: 1. I pulled these really early due to the predation of eggs in #4.
2. This was a LONG PVC pipe, and it wouldn't fit into my egg chamber vertically next to the flow, so it was in diagonally (so the eggs touched each other) directly IN the flow, which could have contributed to a problem I noticed, near-but-not-yet fry coming detached.

Anyway, #6 is in the pipes. A much shorter pipe this time, so we'll see if that helps.

snot

AC Members
Mar 4, 2012
My gobies bred already! Its only been two weeks since I could tell the males from females. I have 3 males two females and one that's still only 3/4 of an inch so its to young for me to telluploadfromtaptalk1333407266695.jpg sorry for the crappy cell phone picture. Really small only looks like 10 eggs they must have been spawned sometime today they weren't there last night.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1333407266695.jpg

snot

AC Members
Mar 4, 2012
??? The eggs are gone this morning? Is this just because they are young and need to figure out how to guard them? Or would male eat them?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

CrustaceaCurtis

AC Members
Feb 17, 2012
North of Boston
These are so cool! What's the basic care? Would they work in a 20 gallon tank with gravel? I plan to keep celestial pearl danios, kuhli loaches, amano shrimp, and nerite snails in the same tank, if possible.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store