BeamsWork 6500K 48" LED fixture.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Got the light yesterday. Real nice fit on my 75g and is intensely bright w/ a great color tone. The power converter on mine is labeled as having a 15VDC output. It's a remote transformer setup w/ a blue indicator LED, much like a laptop or ink jet printer power cord, etc. It does feel hot, as does the aluminum chassis on the light. The top side of the light housing feels as hot as my Odyssea T5HO, where the Odyssea's transformer is cool as a cucumber. Not the best pic, but here's the tank lit up with the new 48" BeamsWorks 6500K LED, in an otherwise completely dark room.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
TL- the fixture is so thin, You'd have to get real creative on installing a fan. It would have to be some type of surface mount deal.

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
Looks just as bright as my led light I got from buildmyled. And from the picture, you are right about the coloration, looks good.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Thanks. I just don't see where you'd cut a fan into one of these:

Hr0th9ar

AC Members
Sep 8, 2012
Winton, CA
Wow those are thin... It's it possible to remove the housing without wrecking it? If yes I'd find the hottest spot and cut my circle there. If not then screw it. You could also try using a cpu heatsink and fan but that would probably look pretty fugly.

Sent from my SGS4 Active

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Or you could use a desktop fan and blow air over the whole surface area of the fixture.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
Or you could use a desktop fan and blow air over the whole surface area of the fixture.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I was just about to suggest the same thing... a little clip on fan just to blow across the top like a CPU fan blows across a heatsink would do the trick and extend the life of the LEDs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store