Benson?s 40 B Build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Benson

Roll Tide!
Apr 8, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Visit site
Real Name
Benson Walker
Im going to upgrade the tank because of the rabbit fish. I'm thinking either a 75 or 90. I want to stay with my lights and just add more for the bigger tank. I am wondering though about the depth of the 90 and my par38s. Ace are you still around??? What are your thoughts???

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
I dunno about the lights, but I'd go with a 90. More options for everything :)

Sorry about the clowns... it sucks to lose fish.

tolawdjk

AC Members
Sep 8, 2010
I think the nice thing about that lighting system you have there (and an LFS with a rentable PAR meter) is that it looks fairly easy to adjust the height on them to get the right PAR.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Optics are going to matter but IMO the depth of a 90 won't be a problem for the 38's. I know you have at least one bulb with 40* optics but what are the others?

Oh and I would be remiss without saying congrats on your team winning yet another NC! Saban looked bored holding up the crystal ball :). I do think that LSU got a little screwed by the BCS system seeing as they went undefeated and also played (and won) an extra game in the SEC championship. However, you can't argue how dominant Bama was last night. The fact that they shut out LSU says something for sure.

Benson

Roll Tide!
Apr 8, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Visit site
Real Name
Benson Walker
Hey Graham. I have two bulbs with 60 degree optics and one with 80.

Yeah Bama should have won the first game with LSU then played In the SEC championship game... But it all worked out. They had to out play LSU to make up for the loss and they did.

Benson

Roll Tide!
Apr 8, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Visit site
Real Name
Benson Walker
I think the nice thing about that lighting system you have there (and an LFS with a rentable PAR meter) is that it looks fairly easy to adjust the height on them to get the right PAR.
Yes I think I will look into renting a par meter. The lights are very modular, that's why I will stick with them on the new tank.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Would you get the 90 over the 75?
Honestly I might get the 75 becauseI like the dimensions better. 90's look top heavy to me for some reason. Although a 90 is just big enough to keep something like a yellow eye kole tang which is a fish I like quite a bit.

I think he got banned a while back, which is unfortunate since he seemed to know his stuff
I believe this is the case.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store