Betta in a 3 inch cube.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Show no interest in her fish and snub her uneducated decisions until she's embarassed into improving it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

oo7genie

Hello my fintime gal...
Nov 18, 2010
Eugene, OR
Real Name
Rick
I'd say that if she's calling you "Fish PETA", she's a lost cause. She's making fun of you for caring about the welfare of an animal, and any steps you take to try and better the welfare of the animal are just going to reinforce that. Some people simply will not see fish as anything more than decorations. It's unfortunate, especially when they bring that perception into the workplace, because others are then forced to witness the cruel conditions that they keep their fish in.

But when it comes down to it, animal cruelty laws don't generally extend to hobby fish, and there's not likely to be a company policy prohibiting her actions. The best thing you can do is try to ignore it and move on. You can't control what happens to the fish, but you can control your working relationships with your co-workers, and you'll need to keep those intact long after that betta is dead and gone, and she's onto a new pretty trinket for her desk.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Funny thing is (well not really funny because the betta is in a horrible situation) is that PETA hates the idea of aquariums altogether. "Fish PETA" would take the betta and throw it into the nearest body of water and act all self righteous about it...

Anyways, I think you just have to move on and try to avoid looking at the condition it is in for the time being, or at least I know I probably wouldn't be able to see a betta in such a small space without giving her a piece of my mind. You definitely don't want your work relationship ruined because of this. It sounds awful, but some people wont understand how fish are supposed to be kept until they go belly up on them after a month. All you can do is hope she realizes her mistakes and comes to you for help instead of just buying another.

stephybabe88

AC Members
Aug 8, 2010
Texas
Well, it jumped out of the bowl last night and she found it on the floor under her desk. She plans to replace it at lunch time today. She does plan to get a bigger bowl, but not much bigger. :(

stephybabe88

AC Members
Aug 8, 2010
Texas
Petsmart peeps convinced her to get one with a lid, so she ended up with a 1g. Still no heater or filter but it does have a fake plant.

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
even in pet stores when the water is changed twice weekly, the bettas clearly deteriorate over time

jayla2251

AC Members
Jul 1, 2012
Wichita, KS
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Jayla
Tell her PETA kills more animals than they save.

Go to the petstore and ask for a dead betta and put it in the tank? And steal the other? Continually?

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
Tell her PETA kills more animals than they save.

Go to the petstore and ask for a dead betta and put it in the tank? And steal the other? Continually?
ftw!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store