Betta in a 3 inch cube.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Windy

AC Members
May 30, 2007
Theed Palace on Naboo
Real Name
Lazaro
Tell the pet store people that she is an irresponsible fish keeper. The first betta jumped out of the tank because there was no lid, then tell them there is no heater and no filter. Those are forms of animal cruelty. Make sure you remind the pet store peeps that. Or you can do what I do when someone works my last nerves: Make a voodoo doll out of there belongings, get some stick pins and stick away until the person feels all of your pain and anger and ends up in a psych ward.

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
Tell the pet store people that she is an irresponsible fish keeper.
the pet store is not going to care what she does to the bettas after they leave the store. the pet store is in the business to make money, and if a customer keeps coming in for new bettas all the time, then that is more money for the store.

oo7genie

Hello my fintime gal...
Nov 18, 2010
Eugene, OR
Real Name
Rick
Tell the pet store people that she is an irresponsible fish keeper. The first betta jumped out of the tank because there was no lid, then tell them there is no heater and no filter. Those are forms of animal cruelty. Make sure you remind the pet store peeps that. Or you can do what I do when someone works my last nerves: Make a voodoo doll out of there belongings, get some stick pins and stick away until the person feels all of your pain and anger and ends up in a psych ward.
I would hate to live in a world where retail places of business denied me service because of what someone else said about me. What if that person lied?

Besides, I have yet to come across a pet store that will flat out deny a sale to a customer. They may offer advice, and strongly advise against things, but never turn away business. It's hard enough for an LFS to make enough profit to stay open as it is. If they started going "Soup Nazi" on their customers, they'd be nailing their own coffins.

MankatoMn

AC Members
Jun 29, 2010
"They sell them in little cups so that's how they are supposed to live!"

Yeah, and when you pick up a dog from the shelter it means it's supposed to live in a cage.

stephybabe88

AC Members
Aug 8, 2010
Texas
Ok, so this betta WILL NOT EAT! She has been changing the water (it's in a 1g now, but no filter or heater) about once a week, but this thing will not eat flakes, pellets, frozen brine shrimp, or even frozen blood worms! WTF!! I feel bad enough for the poor thing, but now it's starving. He has not eaten ANYTHING since she got him. The couple times he has taken whatever is offered, he spits it out. Is there anything else I can do to help this poor thing?

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
short of telling your co-worker that you are taking the fish away from her due to not caring for it properly, then no, there isn't much you can do. this sounds like an uphill battle the whole way, with you losing ground with every step taken to help her care for the betta better.

once a week water changes in a 1 gallon is not enough. once a day is what this betta requires if your co-worker continues to insist it live in a bowl.

the fish is most likely suffering from ammonia poisoning and doesn't want to eat. it doesn't feel well enough to.

i feel bad for this betta!

Fractalis

Heavy Weapons Guy
Mar 3, 2011
I do too. I'm just trying to help as much as I can. ugh....
the best thing to do is to let them fail and then convince them that they should leave petkeeping to those with much more experiance

that way they dont ever put another animal through the same experiance

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store