BEWARE OF Arizona Aquatic Gardens!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon_Lord_Tia

OH NO not Lenny
Feb 14, 2003
Orange Australia
Visit site
my supplyer braught be a shipment of imbreed fish and i couldnt sell them so the went to the sara,barras and oscars but i wrote a letter to the company and i got a new shipment 2x bigger and alot healthyer for free:D try that out

odessa

AC Members
Feb 12, 2002
Salt Lake, Utah
A.Z. gardens stil owes me a70 bucks worth of Amano shrimp from about a year and a half ago, I "ve emailed probably fifty times called about ten times and never got a response from them.
80g. Joe didn't you inquire about their company on the plant forum awhile back? I believe I tried warn you.

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
And, if they don't resolve it, trial is a good option. What they have done is bulls*** and they should know it either way.

Heady

Cardinal Rule
Feb 22, 2003
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
There *IS* something you can do if this happens to you!

There are 2 kinds of cards (this is very important!): Debit cards and Credit cards. Debit cards may or may not carry the VISA or Mastercard logo, but whether they do or don't, they zap the money directly out of your checking account. Credit cards are different, they bill you for the amounts charged to the card.
Always pay for major and/or online purchases by real credit card, not by debit card!

If you paid by *credit card* and did not receive your shipment, or they didn't get your order right, and the vendor does not respond to your complaint, you have a legal right to call your credit card company and put the item in "dispute". This means the credit card company does not pay the vendor until/if you can work it out with the vendor. You must contact the credit card company within 60 days of the transaction to put an item in dispute.

If you paid by *debit card*, you have NO legal rights to get your money back once it is zapped out of your checking account. That's right, NO LEGAL RIGHTS! The bank you have your debit card with might be really nice and try to work it out with you, but they are NOT required by law to do this.

For more information, visit:
http://www.clarkhoward.com/library/tips/chargebacks.html

PikeLee

AC Members
Dec 19, 2002
NY
www.freewebs.com
I"m really sorry to hear about your situation. That really sucks. I'm about to purchase some plants online, and I"m kind of wearing on the whole situation just for that particular reason.

Did you purchase it through credit card. My AMEX is pretty good with Scams like that. They once handled a 3000 + Computer that I ordered online. The company was going bankrupt, but was still taking orders, like mine. I reported it to AMEX, and they took care of it right away. Didn't pay a cent.

Good luck with your situation and many thanks for the warning.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002

I paid by credit card, and recommend others' to use credit cards so as not to get ripped off - stop the payment if needed....

At this time, still no reply from AZGardens.com

And, I don't expect any -- unreal.....

Cirean

AC Members
Dec 2, 2002
san diego
Visit site
Subject: Re:
Date: Monday, April 14, 2003 7:46 PM

EVERYONE gets taken care of here. We are not in this business for 15 years to take advantage of someone's hard earned cash. NO WAY! We are a decent company ran by good, and kind people.

Out of the 75,000 plus customers we have there are going to be people that have problems with us. One funny thing though, if this person has already been taken care of, which I hope they have, most complainers won't take the time to go back to a website to mention a good outcome, and bad news hurts us. I hope that person does or did get a resolution. This sounds very isolated! But they should be warned about slander! Most people already know what petswarehouse.com did for slanderous remarks to people online.

Chaz
----- Original Message -----
To: azgardens@azgardens.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2003 10:20 PM

I was considering ordering from you but..... I read on a web site youre lack of
customer service. sry :(
BEWARE of www.azgardens.com
I recieved, dead on arrival shrimp, plants, and very sickly Flagfish. Tried e-mail and phone attempts to remedy this extreme problem to no effect...
I warn others to take their hard earned money elsewhere!!

I have a couple pics to show the 'results' of 'trusting' these people. I even talked to a guy ('Peter') that said, "Don't worry I'll take care of you..." ..over the phone right as the order was placed. So, it's not like ordering without a 'real' person on the other end...

When shrimp arrive dead, some look like Old Bay Seasoning was sprinkled on them - and cooked - before you even open the bag, (I'll leave the horrendous smell out of it..) there's a real serious problem!!!!

Pics soon.. real soon....

about $200 loss... including time and effort... and our own clean-up here..

Thanks..

I hope you did get taken care of like he said.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Originally posted by Cirean
Subject: Re:
Date: Monday, April 14, 2003 7:46 PM
....... ....... ........ .......
.... .... .......... ........ .....
I hope you did get taken care of like he said.

Kinda strange mixing in "slander" with "proof"....
No - I have not been taken care of.

I have learned to look for real customer service and do more research... I have lost some trust do to this sad problem.

Everyone remember and do your research, and order with a credit card for your own protection.

Last edited:

punch

AC Members
Mar 25, 2002
Petaluma, CA
and on that pet wharehouse slander case, I believe the guy was aquited or something. Didn't they say it was free speech or something?

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Cirean, why did you E-mail the guy the whole story? Couldn't you have just said that you've heard lots of complaints...or just not talked with them at all? That's almost like tattling, and I'm not sure I feel comfortable seeing that you did that. Let them handle Joe's case as they will, but I wouldn't recommend getting yourself involved in case they do try something litigious with Joe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store