Blue's Tang Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I love that setup, Blue! Are you going to get a 30" hood with lamp?

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
The new light should go on the tank tomorrow or the next day.

These guy have been in the tank for a few days and they are still super shy. They hide whenever I'm in the room. Sometimes I hide in the doorway so I can watch them a bit without them seeing me. They seemed more comfortable in the smaller 5.5 gallon.
Would dither fish be a good option?

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Let them establish themselves first. Mine were shy at the beginning, but now almost always you can see them swimming around the tank.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Heck mine took almost a year to become free about themselves and still today they act like they are going to hide when i walk in.. skittish fishies..

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Blue, if you want to breed them, I would just keep their colony only. Just my opinion...

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
I got an account on ShellDwellers.com and I've been poking around there. Many people do use dither fish in there set ups without a problem and many don't. I'll keep researching. I already have the calvus so this is already not a species tank. Since the multis are shy my calvus have been even shyer.
I'm still going to give them some more time. I might even wait until my club's March auction. There were a lot of tetras and danios selling for CHEAP the last auction I went to. As of now I'm not going to do anything rash, it does bug me to think it won't be a Tang only tank. I guess I just didn't realize these guys were so shy and skittish.

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
UPDATE time!

Petsmart was having a sale so I got 3 $1 platies. Since adding them the behavior of my multis and calvus has changed dramatically. They are out a lot more. The multis are still skittish but they don't dart back into their shells anymore they just hover near the opening. The platies are not there forever just for now. Once breeding starts they will most likely be moved.

They also have another tankmate. A very small electric blue hap I got for $1. What a hap with multis?? I know I know, just growing him out and he will be removed long before the multis are bite size. For now he is very very shy and after looking online a bit I believe he's been hormoned :( I just hope he ends up being male. Time will tell. ANYWAY here are pictures.

And don't worry nothing else is going in this tank :) It's stocked.

calvus1.jpg calvus2.jpg multi1.jpg multi2.jpg multi3.jpg

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Where is the Hap? I want to see it, Blue.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store