Blue's Tang Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
yea, a dither fish kind of draws out the multies. you should try cyprichromis (in a bigger tank of course) with multies. its amazing, you would never guess they were a bottom dwelling fish!

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
Where is the Hap? I want to see it, Blue.
Hiding :( he's extremely shy. I'm hoping he'll get over it soon. Otherwise he's just hiding in the rock pile whenever I'm in the room.

yea, a dither fish kind of draws out the multies. you should try cyprichromis (in a bigger tank of course) with multies. its amazing, you would never guess they were a bottom dwelling fish!
I looked into cyps but as you said I needed a larger tank. Since I just got this one I'm not ready to upgrade yet. But the platies are fun and pretty easy going. They add a little color to the tank but I was sad to stray away from african species.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Yep just watched my group of 4 3" Inkfin Calvus devour a colony of new Caudopunct fry even with the parents hitting them while they raced in and snatched fry.. Pretty determined my Inkfins were..

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
UPDATE!

I'm having horrible algae right now so no new pictures. I was actually excited to see the algae because now I can own some neat critters that eat algae. Horray!
A few days ago I moved my olive nerite from the 5 gallon to the 20 long. I also picked up a red nerite and an adorable 1.5" BN pleco. They have gone to work on the algae.

The other residents are doing well. I think my calvus are actually growing! When I first got them they were all the same size and I couldn't tell them apart. Now one is noticable bigger than the other two. One looks a little bigger and the other seems to be around the same size. So now I can tell them apart.
They still stick to the right side of the tank but they are being territorial with one another so usually one of then is in the middle.
The electric blue hap is eating well and as expected has faded quite a bit. I was at the lfs the other day and the haps they had had faded quite a bit more than mine has. I'm hoping that means he is male. Anyway he's no longer shy and has been picking on the multis a bit.
Ok no one yell at me but I'm actually pretty disappointed with the multis. All they do is swim in one place near their shells unless it's feeding time. I've sat and watched them and they do little else. There has been some territorial displays and a little chasing if any of the other residents come near the shell pile. Otherwise they are pretty boring. All but one have their stripes now but I'm not sure which are males and which are females.
I'm still going to give it time but I might end up selling the nultis and letting the calvus/hap/platies have the whole tank. We shall see.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store