Bought A New Fish Yesterday. Ick Today.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
I didn't know my wife was a member!

lateinningmagic

Call Me E-Man
Apr 14, 2009
New York
I'm a guy. Grr

shaunnadavies

AC Members
Sep 4, 2009
Anything's possible! I'm a newbie to this whole fish thing, but I've been doing alot of research because my tank just came down with Ick too. The catfish that I brought home that had the Ick showed NO signs when I first put him in the tank, the next morning he was covered in Ick, as well as two of my tetras. So the Ick became visible and spread to two other fish in under 12 hrs. I'm off to buy a quarantine tank today!

lateinningmagic

Call Me E-Man
Apr 14, 2009
New York
Harlequin remains the only one with white spots for now. Temp is 84, salt has been addde.

sushiray

AC Members
Jan 14, 2009
new windsor, ny
I had a bout with Ich in both my discus & angels tanks. I 1st treated with salt & higher temps but no results. Lupin suggested if I did use meds to use Rid-Ich (purchased from www.kensfish.com - great selections/prices/low shipping). I still use salt treatments along with Rid-Ich, in 5days they disappeared spots & all & treated for 5more days thereafter.

but they must have been free swimming cuz I transferred a baby koi from the discus tank (I didn't QT the koi coming into the discus tank nor trf to angels tank - quite a mistake!) & one of my angels came down with Ich tho the koi didn't show any signs except fin rot.

I duplicated the same treatment & "rid my Ich" once again. the combo of salt & Rid Ich has worked quite fast & effective for me.

Tay690

Addicted to Loaches
Feb 5, 2009
Why not? If the swimming stage left the angelfish just as it was introduced it could have infected half the tank by now.
Exactly. Listen to Karl on this one...

lateinningmagic

Call Me E-Man
Apr 14, 2009
New York
Today is the 7th day since I noticed the white spots on one harlequin. He is completely clean and no one else showed any signs. Woot!

Liquid_Pyro

AC Members
Mar 8, 2009
So I just discovered ich as well, regular old table salt that I use on my french fries, just dump that right in the tank? I have a pleco in the tank does that make a diff on how much? whats the norm what should I add?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store