Bought my Dad a 5g tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aquariageek

I be an Aquarist!
Nov 22, 2006
I second white clouds-- especially the golden white clouds. They stay small and are very active. (Sometimes borderline hyper-active!)

Luvbugz

The Suicidal Townie
Apr 18, 2007
Indiana
What about tiger barbs?? I know they don't get very big and you could probably have a couple in there. Maybe dwarf platies??
I just have a betta in mine. He does really well in it. Because bettas breathe air you don't have to go to all the expense of getting an air pump, air line, etc. He currently has a columbian ramshorn snail buddy who keeps the place tidy. Bettas have alot of personality. Mine know me by sight and will come up to the surface to "greet" me and see if I have any treats for him.

H3D

Philosopher
Aug 28, 2005
Ohio
What about tiger barbs?? I know they don't get very big and you could probably have a couple in there. Maybe dwarf platies??
Tiger barbs??? :22_yikes: They almost get to 3" and are a shoaling fish which should be kept in large groups. As far as "dwarf" platies go...I've never seen any proof that such a species exists.

Apr 14, 2007
Nottingham, MD
Real Name
John
I'd go with a Dwarf Puffer and an oto... The puffer should be very intereactive with him and the oto would be good for any algae that would grow.

Luvbugz

The Suicidal Townie
Apr 18, 2007
Indiana
Now I coulda sworn on here I read someone looking for "nano" fish aka fish for a small tank and someone suggested tiger barbs. I myself have a dwarf platy. I don't know if it is a freak of nature thing or what but her and her other siblings have never gotten over 1 1/2 inch long and all my other platies are 2 - 3 inches. My suburst platy could be pushing 4inches LOL. I dunno I have never measured her, but she is huge.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store