Bought Some Cory's Today.....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
Corydoras Panda on LiveAquaria???

Jul 3, 2006
San Diego, CA
I'm going to have to disagree with Lupin that these are Corydoras trilineatus. Those have line like patterns. The ones I have are more leopard than anything, but the Julii shown do not have the orange band that mine have. The ones with the orange bands don't have spots like these. Maybe I have a Juliitrilneatus (I have no idea).

Last edited:

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
So I went back to the LFS today to buy some plants. I let the workers know that the Julii they claimed to have sold me were not Julii at all. I explained how the markings did not match Julii seen on different web sites and they got insulted. They pulled out this catfish book and showed me a picture of a "true" Julii and I told them it didn't match the ones they sold me. Now they want proof. I don't care that they aren't what they said they are. I care that I paid more because of what they were supposed to be. The only problem I have is that I can't match the Cory I have with any from the types shown on different web sites. The LFS wants me to print out the forum stating that what I have aren't Julii. I feel cheated, but there aren't too many stores that sell fish. It's either stop buying them or keep paying the price and hope I get what they advertise. Maybe with help from this forum and the experts here, I can get a store credit or call their bluff. What do you all think about this?
Your LFS feel insulted because they are afraid they cannot get more profit if their stocks are revealed to be otherwise.:screwy:

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
I'm going to have to disagree with Lupin that these are Corydoras trilineatus. Those have line like patterns. The ones I have are more leopard than anything, but the Julii shown do not have the orange band that mine have. The ones with the orange bands don't have spots like these. Maybe I have a Juliitrilneatus (I have no idea).
I did not say your cories are trilineatus. I explained that juliis are confused with trilineatus. Where in my posts did I say they are trilineatus?

Jul 3, 2006
San Diego, CA
Easy there Lupin. You referred to trilineatus because Julii are often confused with them as if to say that's what they were. That's how I took it anyway. Your comment lead me to believe that. No need to get upset. I'm sure you know more about them than I do. I guess I was hoping for the correct name of my fish. No offense.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Easy there Lupin. You referred to trilineatus because Julii are often confused with them as if to say that's what they were. That's how I took it anyway. Your comment lead me to believe that. No need to get upset. I'm sure you know more about them than I do. I guess I was hoping for the correct name of my fish. No offense.
Oh, no problem, Cali.:) By the way, if you want store credit, are you going to return the cories as well? Never seen those before hence I was trying to match the pics in planetcatfish.com but to no avail.:lipssealedsmilie:

Jul 3, 2006
San Diego, CA
Oh, no problem, Cali.:) By the way, if you want store credit, are you going to return the cories as well? Never seen those before hence I was trying to match the pics in planetcatfish.com but to no avail.:lipssealedsmilie:
No I plan to keep them. I think they are awesome. I just wanted to let them know that I knew a little something about fish and not to rip me off. I am quite happy with my selection though. Maybe they will find out that they are rare and kick themselves in the booty. Just because someone likes something, doesn't mean they should have to overpay for it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store