Bought Some Cory's Today.....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
I'm going to say "no" to metae as well. Too small an eye stripe, and the black on the dorsal fin is backwards compared to metae. Also, as far as I can tell from the pics, no gold on the cheeks. Most similar (indeed, almost identical) cories have golden cheeks.

Needless to say, I've searched the planetcatfish list thoroughly.

Jul 3, 2006
San Diego, CA
I'm going to say "no" to metae as well. Too small an eye stripe, and the black on the dorsal fin is backwards compared to metae. Also, as far as I can tell from the pics, no gold on the cheeks. Most similar (indeed, almost identical) cories have golden cheeks.

Needless to say, I've searched the planetcatfish list thoroughly.
I did the same thing and I couldn't come up with the right mix. I guess it will just remain a mystery!:shakehead:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice pics.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I think we're getting confused over which corys each of us is talking about, LOL. It's more confusing since not all the pics are visible to everyone.

Cali has 2 different fish that don't look like julii or schwartzi to me but I really can't tell what exactly they might be. You could try posting pics over at planetcatfish. Try for some more pics.

jen also has 2 different corys, a metae, old Herman (aka red x) & a new panda.

Good thing all corys are cute.

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
Fishorama, I was reffering to Herman.

Jul 3, 2006
San Diego, CA
So I've been doing some research and still no answers. I registered with planet catfish, but I have not received my confirmation email. If this place can't help me, who can?

Squawkbert

Senior padder
Oct 3, 2006
ST.L area
www.aquaticplantcentral.com
IMO - it doesn't matter what the LFS calls 'em, you should either get several more (what I'd do, as they're *something* unusual at what I'd call a good price) or return what you have and look for a new fish source.

FWIW, I went throught the exact same ordeal w/ a LFS by me (You have these C. trilineatus marked as C. julii // Julii is what I ordered, so that's what they are // No, they aren't - see these pictures....) all in vain. It isn't generally worth arguing for too long.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store