Bree's Discus Tank Build Thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bree7

AC Members
May 22, 2010
they're going into a 75 until they grow to about 5", then they will be moved to a 200 show tank. as soon as i saw the APDs i had to have a few :D. altums were high up on my list as well.

on top of this order, i have 10 2" fry coming from another sponser on simply, 20 discus in one day :jaw-dropping:
:jaw: JEALOUS. :jaw:

Spardas

Registered Member
Oct 14, 2009
Nice setup Bree7!!!

Good luck on the new fishes. You simply can't go wrong with the quality of Kenny's fish.

Bree7

AC Members
May 22, 2010
Nice setup Bree7!!!

Good luck on the new fishes. You simply can't go wrong with the quality of Kenny's fish.

Thank you! And yes, Kenny is a great one to buy from.

Anyone have any suggestions for the plants in the stemless cosmo glasses?

cockroach

AC Members
Feb 15, 2010
The Chungle Taiwan
Subscribing to see how this grows. Nicely done so far.

Bree7

AC Members
May 22, 2010
Quick Update...

Quick update...
Here is a current tank shot! I've added an overturned clay pot and a few plants in the stemless cosmo glass :) Trying to find two more... they seem to have disappeared from my kitchen cabinet...? Weird. So only one glass for now.

Fish will arrive next Saturday morning! Almost time to move out the current fish and move in the new guys :) Sponge filters will be here on Friday.

Keep checking in! Adding more to the tank soon.

IMG_7338.JPG

Bree7

AC Members
May 22, 2010
That tank actually looks pretty awesome!
Well thank you :) It is still a work in progress.. but I try to keep it clean looking!

Oh, I forgot to add.. The bottom of the tank has been painted white. Trying for zero peppering on these fish!

cockroach

AC Members
Feb 15, 2010
The Chungle Taiwan
Looking great and can't wait for Saturday.

KingOfTheDeep

All Hail The King
Nov 2, 2005
New York City
Real Name
Dan
looks great, very clean, discus will love it :)

Bree7

AC Members
May 22, 2010
Update:
The sponge filters arrived early!
They are now set up in the tank with airstones. I'm a little unsure about my air pump as I bought it used... the model is a Second Nature Whisper 300, is that sufficient for the tank? I really don't know much about it. Does the pump size affect the filter flow or does it not really matter? It is set up with a splitter so the air goes from one pump to both filters. I'll attach a pic of the pump, as well.

Anyways, here is a current tank shot!

{Countdown... 3 more days until discus!}
I'll try to post a video when I receive the package.

(Ignore the mess on the bottom! The cories and kuhlies thought it would be great to play with the sand in the planted glass. Needless to say, they tried to get as much sand out of the glass as possible.)

IMG_7363.JPG 94U020.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store