Callamanus worms

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

felixpaws

AC Members
Jan 10, 2009
Pocatello, Idaho
Thank You, Aquariacentral.com Members!!!

Thank You!!! I don't know what I'd do without you guys. I got the courage to order discus, have angels, and try all kinds of new stuff from posts on here. Thanks!:grinyes::bowing:

Kivstev

AC Members
Mar 19, 2009
Thank You!!! I don't know what I'd do without you guys. I got the courage to order discus, have angels, and try all kinds of new stuff from posts on here. Thanks!:grinyes::bowing:
Glad to hear he still has some.

Make sure you follow his instructions and dose the tank twice. It's very hard to OD your fish on this stuff, and better yet - the stuff works!

:cheers:

:thumbsup:I found the George Harrison site, and requested the meds.
See if you can get me autographed copy of the White Album while you're at it. :joke:

Last edited:

felixpaws

AC Members
Jan 10, 2009
Pocatello, Idaho
No reply, yet...

Is it george Harris? Anyway, he hasn't e-mailed me back yet. Thanks for the advice, though. :p: I'll have to get back to you, my yellow submarine is leaving:dive:

felixpaws

AC Members
Jan 10, 2009
Pocatello, Idaho
"George" Harrison?

Well, Charles, George, whatever. :screwy: I think I was having an abbey road moment. Help! I need somebody, :1zhelp:, not just anybody. :goldfish:
If you play this post backwards it reads "Buy another fish tank, Ringo!" Man, I need to stop listening to my iPod While I do water changes. Lol!

felixpaws

AC Members
Jan 10, 2009
Pocatello, Idaho
AAARRGGHH!!!

I lost one of my new Discus! Crud.:irked: I medicated today, after a 90% water change, and already see several worms at the bottom of my 20 gallon quarantine. They expelled them, quickly, but the worms are still moving. The fish, all, seem a little stressed. I hope they all make it. I took the carbon out of the filters, and mixed the meds. in a measuring bowl, with water, and divied it out. Crud. It hurts to lose that discus. $50 shipping, for a ten dollar fish. That was why I bought them all at once, to save on shipping costs. I may order two more, but I'll wait until they're all better, then see. The discus died last night, not from the meds. It was the smallest one. :shakehead: Crud.

Kivstev

AC Members
Mar 19, 2009
That sucks. Sorry to hear that. I lost a nice little Bolivian Ram to those rotten worms before I got the meds, but he was the only fatality.

The thing is with these worms is that when the worms die from the meds it can be difficult for the fish to expel them - and they can die (especially small fish). It sounds like the living worms did the Angel in, though.

If I had worms dying inside me and falling out of my butt I'd be stressed too. ;)

I may be confused, but looking at your original post you say that one of your Mbuna has the worms too? Are you just medicating your Q tank or all of your tanks? If you had any of those fish in with your main tank you must medicate those tanks too!

Last edited:

ksane

aka TwistedPenguin
Mar 1, 2008
Oklahoma, USA
WhatEVER you do, don't go back to somethingphisy.com. Google reviews for him and you'll see how bad he is. A good breeder is at RockyMountainDiscus.com and he charges the same price as Keith at somethingphisy.
Levamisole is a sheep wormer and can be found at livestock stores or (I imagine) online at livestock places. Fenbendazole is called "Panacur" for dogs and "Safeguard" for livestock and can easily be found at just about any feed store. I know you've already found some but that may help someone in the future. I'm anxious to see how your fish do.

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
I don't usually post on here (I moderate at another fish forum) but I needed to unload some deworming flakes with Fenbendazole (aka Panacur) in them - what I have read is most effective for treating Camallanus worms. Seemed to work real well on my platies! I got it from: http://www.flguppiesplus.com

I still have plenty of it left, just PM me if you are interested - I am selling it for $1 a tablespoon, free shipping to the U.S.A.

Nicole

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store