Camallanus cotti

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
i might have found a source near me! yay

i found some in pill form....would that work?

Last edited:

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
it should you can crush it and dissolve it. Not sure if BFM mentioned it, but you should store the solution in a container that blocks light, also, its best to turn off the lights during treatment. The leftover liquid can be stored int he refrigerator for up to 1 month. I treated, then did a 90% water change and thorough gravel vac after 24 hours. Then treated again after 3 weeks.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
pill form is usually Levasole(same thing but has binder)

as rach says..crush it then mix it...
you'll prob need to mix it really good as the binder slows the dissolve.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
Thank you every on SOOOO much!

i have a few days before i have the money to get it...will update when im treating ^_^,

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
sound good. You will notice that any fish that were beinga little more shy/inactive than usual show immediate perking up.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
oh! i forgot to ask

Will this affect my snails? i have ramshorns in ever tanks, and 2 mystery snails in the 10 gallon with the main infection.

im guessing this stuff is safe for any kind of fish?

i have sculpin (no scales), ottos, cons, and guppies.

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
i didn't remove my common snails at all, no issues. It would be best to remove the apple snails for treatment if possible as they are not carriers for this disease.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
alright..ill see what i can do to move them, my qt tank broke abut a month ago so short on temp tanks...i can ask a few friends if i can borrow one.

if not i think i have a large vase..(little over a gallon) i could keep them in with 50% water changes a day.. treatment is only a few days at a time, so that should work.

if i cant get them moved will it harm them?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store