Camallanus cotti

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
no one?...awesome..guess ill go back to my pre forum methods....hope for the best.

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
yes, it is. SOrry I didn't see this.

The flicking is most likely j ust irritation from the meds. Glad to hear it seems to have worked and that you had minor casualties!

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
thank you ^_^
i might still lose two more but again they are very old like the first one and have pumped out allot of babies.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
ok..old thread same problem..a pare of kili fish i got from a friend have Camallanus ..UGH the thing it they are in my marbled cray/ cherry shrimp tank.

I have already asked about the shrimp and got a thumbs up in the way of they will be fine but will the marbled cray be fine?...i want to treat the entire tank.
the marbled cray just barried up a week ago will it be fine?.

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
I would think it would be ok, though isolating it would never be a bad idea as I don't think they can harbor that parasite.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
alright..soon as my QT tank is empty..another week or so ill just move the Killis to that and treat them...do you think the month or so it will take to treat the fish will get the tank clear?
I don't really want to move the cray..she has just barried up and i don't want to stress her...and the QT tank has no lid.

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
Gosh, I don't know that amonth would do it, I guess it would depend on where in teh life cycle of the parasite it was. I know generally you repeat treatment at least once after a month, so longer would probably be needed. I would think the medication would also stress teh cray, but this is a crappy illness to deal with (as you learned before). :(

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
yeah *sigh* i ran in to it again..good thing i have allot of meds left over..so its not that big of a deal this time around..not scrambling to find it. I think ill put the Killis in to QT..try for 3 months...treat them twice and keep the tank with just shrimp and the cray..see how that works out,..maybe longer ill see if i can find any info on how long without a host they can live.

..lots of deep water changes once the cray babies start moving about.
ty so much for all your help!!!

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
AAHHHH:nilly::nilly:....so this got interesting..went to do a water change on the 10 gallon with the killi crays and shrimp..and as im dumping out some water i see something wiggling.... i have had the killis less than a month and they have babies!!!! I found over 10 in the bucket and im sure there is more in the tank..i just did a quick sweep over of the bottom, cuz there half is heavily planted. er..so YAY on the fry..they are lyretail killifish..so that is neat..but blah!!!!

what do do to treat the tank..:( looks like ill have to wait till the cray is far enough along to move...and treat the tank the fish are in now Im surprised they bred with visible camallanus...strange.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store