Camallanus cotti

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
when i treated my tank i had upwards of 25 apple snails in there. i lost one shortly after treatment, but that may have been due to her being a heavy breeder (lotsa energy going into reproduction shortens the lifespan IMO).

the few red cherry shrimp in there at the time were perfectly fine after, also have a ton of ramshorns in this tank and they fared just fine. bn pleco came through wonderfully, as did cories, barbs, albino rainbow shark...... no fish loss at all. and nobody was stressed during treatment either.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
alright! it just came in today so treatment can begin !!!! yay

i completely forgot will Levamisole affect cherry shrimp?.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
good good!

ok so treatment went in to the 10 and 40 gallon tanks.
my 25 gallon is not where i live so it will start treatment Friday, as well as the 20 gallon
My convicts have wigglers and i wanted to wait until they were free swimming for such a large water change, they have come in contact with fish from the 10 gallon, where the infection started and fish from that tank have been in the 20 before the convicts, so still want to treat it just to make sure.

so 3 more days and deep vacuum/90% water change...wait 3 weeks and repeat!

so glad i found this stuff...

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
so it seemed to work, i moved my guppies...(from the main infected tank) in to a new 20long from there 10 gallon,

I lost one of the large females..but she had been fading for some time and was very old.. at 3 inches she was huge!!! miss her:(

Im getting ready for round two with this treatment just to make sure.

I have a question though, I have treated the 20 long with salt, after switching tanks i noticed some flicking and did not want it to escalate if it was ick ..is salt safe to use with Levamisole?

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
bump....anyone?

is it ok to mix levamisole with salt?

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
really need to treat my tanks again,..................soon. if no feed back then im just going to do it and hope i for the best.:(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store