Chameleons and Turtles and Snakes, oh my!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Chris Anderson

Reptile Keeper
Apr 1, 2009
Tampa, FL, USA
www.chameleonnews.com
Thanks everyone, I'm glad you all liked the pics. I have multiple specimens of a lot of those species but no need to post photos of every individual.

Outstanding photos of some unusual herps!

I really like the python - but must admit "I want one" was not the first thing to cross my mind when seeing the wormlizard.

How "touchy" are those chameleons?
The wormlizards are very different. They are a really unique group of reptiles that most people never see (including myself and I own one).

Chameleons are generally shy but it really varies based on the species and individual. They definitely aren't good animals if you want to hold your pet frequently.

Wow, great assortment of herps Chris! I love all the cham species, especially the T. montium. I'm a sucker for reptiles with sail-backs (I use to breed 2 species of Basilisks). And you have a G. hamiltonii, I'm very jealous! Thanks for sharing your pics.
I have a clutch of 10 baby montium at the moment, another clutch incubating and a gravid female. They are a beautiful species, thats for sure.

The G. hamiltonii are amazing turtles. They're definitely one of my favorites. I'm planning on expanding my group so that once they get bigger I can try to breed them. That'll be a few years off of course.

:y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e:

Wow!! And a great big THANK YOU!

Gorgeous collection and fabulous pictures.
While I'm suitably impressed by the species variety, and quite impressed at the picture quality, very impressed at the apparent health of the animals and there quality of care: I am stunned by the combination of all three with so many individuals clearly getting so much attention on so many levels.

:worthy:

:popcorn:
Ha, thank you. I try to make sure they are all happy and healthy. Not always easy, especially with some of the chameleons, but its definitely worth it when they are.

Your "Doria's Angleheaded Lizard (Gonocephalus doriae)" is my favoritee out of ur pics that is one cool looking lizard. Never seen one before love that Fly River Turtle as well. Awesome herps u got.
The Doria's are interesting lizards. Unfortunately I only have two females and haven't been able to find a male. Everyone told me that the Gonocephalus were difficult lizards to keep, especially as CB, but these two are easy as can be. It might be because I keep them in a huge cage with live plants and an automatic mist system like I do my chameleons but who knows.

Hey Chris what size tank do you got that Fly River Turtle in??? He looks happy and looks like he has alot of space to roam.
That photo was from earlier this year when she (?) was in a 55 gallon. She now lives in a 150 and eventually will need to upgrade from there too. She has a great personality and is a lot of fun. She swims along the side of the tank following you if you're in the room and begs for food. My other FRT is younger and much more shy.

Chris

Chris Anderson

Reptile Keeper
Apr 1, 2009
Tampa, FL, USA
www.chameleonnews.com
How is the tank maintnance on the FRT tank???
Its not that bad. On my 150 with a FTR and 13 Boeseman's Rainbowfish, I have an FX5 and it does a real good job. I keep the tank with 1 Tbs of Instant Ocean per 5 gallons of water and I do about a 40% water change once every 2-3 weeks with a python water syphon to clean up the crushed coral substrate. Its actually real easy.

Chris

LifelessForm

Papercut Survivor
Sep 8, 2008
Mechanicsburg, Pa
Dude, I want a Fly River Turtle. There is a reptile store near VF and I that has one and it's so freaking cool! Interesting array of herps you have as well.

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
very sweet collection. out of the ordinary and beautiful. all of them!

Chris Anderson

Reptile Keeper
Apr 1, 2009
Tampa, FL, USA
www.chameleonnews.com
Just picked up some new, very rare, chameleons so i thought I should update this thread. This is my new 2.2 group of Bradypodion transvaalense (Wolkberg or Transvaal Dwarf Chameleons) from AA Reptiles. I couldn't be happier with them. They look really good and both females appear very very gravid. Here are a few pics:

Male 1:
Tasting his new home for other chameleons:

All clear:

Male 2:

Female 1:

Female 2:

They've already started to settle in and adopt nicer coloration. Here's to hoping they do well and for a nice group of healthy babies soon!

Chris

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
They look great! Good luck with them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store